HOT: Active* forum members generally gain 5% discount at starbike.com store!
Weight Weenies
* FAQ    * Search    * Trending Topics
* Login   * Register
HOME Listings Articles FAQ Contact About

Go to page Previous  1, 2
PostPosted: Sun Dec 01, 2013 12:12 pm 

For any one with a flappy vest - in particular at the shoulders, I came up with an awesome fix, couple of strips of heavy duct tape on the inside around the shoulders nearly completely fixes the flapping. My gore vest was horribly flappy at +25kmph and I was going get rid of it, - now there nothing up to about 50kmph and by then the wind noise takes over anyway.

Posted: Sun Dec 01, 2013 12:12 pm 

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2014 11:41 pm 

How do sizes run on the Sportful hotpack?
I wear a small in Vermarc tops.

TashkentTerror wrote:
Sportful hot pack.
The best vest is the one small enough that you actually bring it on rides.
Iv heard good things about the Rafa gilet to, but havent used it myself.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2014 12:50 pm 

I usually wear an L. I tried Sportful hotpack vest both in L and also in M. In size L it's a bit wider, but M was too short on me, so I would say that they run a bit wider.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2014 3:23 pm 

The Louis Garneau Nova is a very good cheap gilet with a good race fit. Personally, I like the fact it has pockets too, although that might not be to everyone's requirements.

Their course Speedzone looks pretty interesting too, with regards to race numbers:

Sales blurb:
The Louis Garneau Course Speedzone Gilet offers a new approach to outerwear layering that focuses on the rider’s usability and protection. Developed in cooperation with Team Europcar, the goal of this development was to answer 2 pro teams needs: 1) easy access to jersey pockets and 2) race numbers visibility so it can be worn during any races. The Louis Garneau Course Speedzone Gilet has an opening at the rear large enough to allow access to the rear jersey pockets and provide visibility of race numbers. This opening which has been validated and confirmed in accordance to the UCI Sport and Technical Department is currently exclusive to Louis Garneau, International patent pending, and part of Team Europcar’s 2012 Team Kit. The rear pocket opening allows for easier access to the content of the jersey pockets and eliminates the need to transfer contents once the vest is removed. The front of the vest is constructed of Super Light fabric, a 100% polyester fabric that stretches, offers wind-resistant and is extremely light. The side panels and back of the vest are made of power mesh fabric for increased ventilation and snug fit. An inner flap under the zipper helps shield from wind and water, and the vest is finished with a zipper garage at the neck to eliminate chafin

Go to page Previous  1, 2