The Failed Parts Thread

Questions about bike hire abroad and everything light bike related. No off-topic chat please

Moderators: robbosmans, Moderator Team

stella-azzurra

by stella-azzurra

Rush wrote:Snapped the body of my Time RXS pedals

How did you manage this?
I never took drugs to improve my performance at any time. I will be willing to stick my finger into a polygraph test if anyone with big media pull wants to take issue. If you buy a signed poster now it will not be tarnished later. --Graeme Obree

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

743power
Shop Wrench

by 743power

I've seen a few sets of broken rxs come through our shop. All JRA.
"Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius -- and a lot of courage -- to move in the opposite direction."

Devon

by Devon

I know a guy who bent a Thompson DH seatpost, with his balls.

nayr497

by nayr497

Ah, the perfect thread for me at the moment...

The FSA-made Cannondale Si carbon cranks on my cross bike just bit the dust. The pedal inserts came loose and the pedals wobbled. Apparently I'm not the only one this has happened to. Out of warranty and I was the second own. Darnit.

I replaced with SRAM Force.
A good day becomes a better day with a bicycle ride.

bura

by bura

For the records.
Live recorded on the 3rd stage of the Vuelta.
One of the Katusha Team riders' saddle broke. He just threw away the shell and the rails were still clamped in full length on his seat post clamp.
No. Not a Chinese no name saddle.
Broken saddle was a Selle Italia .
Kuota Kom Evo
viewtopic.php?f=10&t=111825&p=955235#p955235" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
SOLD

stella-azzurra

by stella-azzurra

nayr497 wrote:Ah, the perfect thread for me at the moment...

The FSA-made Cannondale Si carbon cranks on my cross bike just bit the dust. The pedal inserts came loose and the pedals wobbled. Apparently I'm not the only one this has happened to. Out of warranty and I was the second own. Darnit.

I replaced with SRAM Force.

This was common when carbon and aluminum inserts first came out. I thought that this kind of thing would be solved by now.
I never took drugs to improve my performance at any time. I will be willing to stick my finger into a polygraph test if anyone with big media pull wants to take issue. If you buy a signed poster now it will not be tarnished later. --Graeme Obree

stella-azzurra

by stella-azzurra

bura wrote:For the records.
Live recorded on the 3rd stage of the Vuelta.
One of the Katusha Team riders' saddle broke. He just threw away the shell and the rails were still clamped in full length on his seat post clamp.
No. Not a Chinese no name saddle.
Broken saddle was a Selle Italia .

Apparently Devon knows a guy that bent a Thompson seat post with his balls. Is this the same guy? :lol:

bura

by bura

Good guess. That's him.
Kuota Kom Evo
viewtopic.php?f=10&t=111825&p=955235#p955235" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
SOLD