tattoos

Questions about bike hire abroad and everything light bike related. No off-topic chat please

Moderators: robbosmans, Moderator Team

Leviathan

by Leviathan

dereksmalls wrote:
Leviathan wrote:can we please, for the love of god and all that is holy, refrain from posting photos of unclothed, shaved/waxed men on this forum. In fact, refrain from posting ANY photos of unclothed men on this forum. As if skin tight lycra wasnt bad enough.

Get over it. I'm assuming you're a male, do you get dressed in the dark as the unclothed male form repulses you? Do you wear blinkers and look down the whole time you're at the beach so as not to accidentally see a topless man? Get a grip.

Im thinking the Mormon Undergarment would be a good look for me... I see quite enough middle aged topless manflesh in my day job, thanks :)

As to "heteroflexibility", jamming two words together doesnt give it legitimacy, its a sighthorror...

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

boysa

by boysa

KWalker wrote:Honestly if you can't come up with something specific on your own you shouldn't bother getting one. Don't feed the trend beast and get something terribly done because you don't understand what you're getting, what to look for in a good artist, etc. Not trying to be elitist, but it sucks when people treat it like a phase or fashion trend. Useless flash is just as trite as a tramp stamp.

+1!!
"Deserve's got nothing to do with it." William Munny

shoemakerpom2010

by shoemakerpom2010

I'd love to get one but I change my mind on things two often and would want to change it and then I would be stuck like so many others. If they could be removed like in Star Trek I'd be all in.

Straff

by Straff

Looking forward to seeing her on the podium. Her helmet supplier must like a challenge.

----------------------------------------------
Opinions expressed herein are merely personal. Especially the words.

fa63

by fa63

I wish I hadn't clicked that link...

Imaking20

by Imaking20

I'm surprised I don't see more tattoos on cyclists.

I'm also surprised at the prejudice towards them here.

I've got a triathlete friend who owns a tattoo shop - he seems to get a rookie mark nearly every time he goes out to ride. I'm always pestering him to just tattoo it on and be done with it.

I've got several tattoos. Two are visible when I'm on the bike.

p.s. I'm now fairly convinced that Karsten does indeed hate everything. ;)

KWalker

by KWalker

I have several tattoos and am very into Japanese tattooing. I have flown across the country several times to get work done and my tattoos are worth more than my bike.

Unfortunately, most people with tattoos have absolutely awful quality work and its a peeve of mine to see someone completely botch a traditional design just to get a sleeve to look cool. I have a koi half sleeve on my leg and often get bros who come up to me and want to show me their koi whatever that is just terribly executed because they didn't take the time to actually look into the elements of the design and just went to some shitty cheap artist that would do their stuff in one or two sittings.

I'm not saying everyone has to like what I have or that everything I have is perfect, however, as the OP implied they have zero idea of what they actually want and just want to 'get a sleeve'. These people are just bastardizing a craft because its trendy to get large pieces right now. If you don't have an idea you shouldn't get something done, period. I planned my last piece out for 9 years before I got it and despite wanting more work and having the means to get it done never got anything in the meantime.
Don't take me too seriously. The only person that doesn't hate Froome.
Gramz
Failed Custom Bike

Tinea Pedis

by Tinea Pedis

Imaking20 wrote:I'm surprised I don't see more tattoos on cyclists.

Tattoo's go on skin.

We race bikes and crash on...our skin.

So not only does the road give me enough 'tatts' but I'm also not keen on destroying any due to crashing.

I do have 2, but they are on my upper trapezius muscle - chances of a crash getting it are pretty slim (and just happened to be by chance, as I got it there before bikes - just wanted one that was discreet).

KWalker

by KWalker

I hate crits with left hand turns because I'm afraid of crashing on the piece on my shoulder.

I've had a chainring eat a nice scar into my lower ankle and half sleeve, but that's just life. I won't get extensive back work done until I race a bit less.

The tattoos that pro cyclists have are, for the most part, awful. Boonen's tribal made me instantly stop admiring him as a rider and Pozzato's stuff is hilariously awful.
Don't take me too seriously. The only person that doesn't hate Froome.
Gramz
Failed Custom Bike

jmilliron

by jmilliron

Most pros just have boring text tattoos.

Only cool pro tattoo I can think of is the guy with the soap that says clean on it.

edit; Phil Gaimon

2013 Wilier Cento1 SR || 2009 Ridley Crossbow || 2011 Yeti AS-R 5 Carbon

Tinea Pedis

by Tinea Pedis

shoopdawoop wrote:http://bicycling.com/blogs/livingthedream/2010/10/04/clean-tattoo/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Interesting and a pretty cool idea

Then opening line

With all the messy doping stories coming out in the news lately

is really quite sad. As the article was written in 2010...

CamMancuso

by CamMancuso

Adam Myerson has the same "clean" tat as Phil Gaimon. You want tatted up cyclists he's got quite a few. Kayle Leogrande (yeah that guy from Rock Racing that got busted for doping) runs a tattoo studio and he has tons as well.

Myerson

Leogrande

We can't forget Dave Clinger now can we?

This is mine below, I love it (It wraps around, I just couldn't get a good photo of it with my phones camera). I also have a very large chest piece that looks sweet when my jerseys unzipped. Roam around some alleycat races, you'll find plenty of tattoos there....

basilic

by basilic

is there a reason why the drivetrain is on the other side?
re male bodies in cycling, there was a good piece by Craig Gaulzetti titled "pro cycling is not gay" in the Embrocation magazine (could not connect to it just now)

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com