More important than Campy vs Shimano vs Sram

Questions about bike hire abroad and everything light bike related. No off-topic chat please

Moderators: robbosmans, Moderator Team

monkeyburger

by monkeyburger

Peanut Butter, Vegemite and tomato on toasted rye bread with a twist of black pepper!

Nutella and marmalade on a warm scone... makes my liver sweat just thinking about it.

If they could just take that Speculoos paste, shape and press it into a cookie or biscuit type of thing they might have somethin... oh never mind...

Monkeyburger
...finding my inner Onoda-kun...

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

bura

by bura

Tinea Pedis wrote:
Liggero wrote:proper natural honey

There's unnatural honey?

Yes. Bunch of. http://howtoavoidartificialhoney.blinkweb.com/
Kuota Kom Evo
viewtopic.php?f=10&t=111825&p=955235#p955235" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
SOLD

Guerdi

by Guerdi

Home made speculoos butter made of original dandoy biscuits.

Expensive if you can't get the dandoy speculoos directly from Belgium.

mellowJohnny

by mellowJohnny

"Natural' peanut butter on rice cakes. And by "natural" I think they mean no added sugar. And a tall glass of skim milk.

Tinea Pedis

by Tinea Pedis

You make sure your peanut butter is natural...yet drink skim milk??

russianbear

by russianbear

Whole fat dairy for me..

KWalker

by KWalker

Jam has lots of added sucrose (table sugar) and fructose, which can't be metabolized very easily by the liver and is often stored as intramuscular triglycerides. I'd take Nutella any day over that. As for on food while riding, I'd be curious as to how people think that the simple sugar and moderate amount of fat in nutella is dfferent than say, a Clif Bar, which is brown rice syrup smothered over oats. I'd rather have nutella on a fast digesting piece of white bread than any commercially available energy bar any day of the week.

Generic, organic white bread+some natural PB+maple syrup= my food of choice for longer rides. Quick digesting, won't bloat, decent sugars, a bit of fat, and easily passes through the gut.
Don't take me too seriously. The only person that doesn't hate Froome.
Gramz
Failed Custom Bike

micky

by micky

There's more healthy choco creams compared to Nutella (see Palm Oil), at least in Italy.

HillRPete

by HillRPete

micky, any brands? I live bordering on Italy, so chances are I can get it.

Tinea Pedis

by Tinea Pedis

Nutino uses vegetable oil instead of palm (I believe)

Guerdi

by Guerdi

Micky's right. There are way better alternatives to Nutella, which is just pure junk.

From Italy you've got Caffarel, just to beginn from.

I like their "Crema Gianduja al Latte"

Available from that german website :
http://www.winterfeldt-schokoladen.de/N ... ine-kaufen" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

(don't know where to get it from an italian website, I'm more used to deal with Germany).

My personal favorite is not italian, it's german and it's called "Grasshof". That's so good I could eat one jar at one time unfortunately. Lot's of versions to choose from, I've tried almost all of them. My favorite is "Capuccino".

http://www.grashoff.de/shop/Delikatessen/Schokoladiges/Schokoladencremes:::3_17_30.html

micky

by micky

Those rare times I treat myself, I would go for this (no, Im not that smart, Ive been suggested as well from others! :D ); Nutella has only 13% of hazelnuts, while this one has 45% and no generic vegetable oils.

audiojan

by audiojan

Nutella! On anything and everything. Yes, highly addictive...
"Suddenly the thought struck me; my floor is someone elses ceiling" - Nils Ferlin