URGENT!! Bike Hire in Bolzano

Questions about bike hire abroad and everything light bike related. No off-topic chat please

Moderators: robbosmans, Moderator Team

Enda Marron

by Enda Marron

My friend and I intend to do the Giro delle Dolomiti in July/August
Long story cut short due to airline rules and budget restrictions etc etc my friend is unlikely to be able to take his bike with him (and I cannot take it for him due to silly airline rules)
Our options are:
1. Courier /Mail his bike to the hotel in advance
2 Hire a DECENT bike in Bolzano
My question is :
Which is better OR Where in Bolzano area can I get a decent bike (54/55/56 cm) for the Giro - we will pay.

micky

by micky

Im not familiar with Bolzano's bike shops but just out of curiosity, where are you guys landing?
If it's something like Venice, Verona or Treviso, I would advice to try to contact www.scavezzon.com as as far as I know, they do rent and do have decent bikes.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Enda Marron

by Enda Marron

Its complicated I am landing in Milan Linate but my mate (buddy for US WW's!) is coming from Prague who needs the hire bike, so goodness knows where he'll arrive from
I'll try the link - Thanks
Any Other Suggestions

willy

by willy

Enda, I did giro de dolomiti last yr, very nice event. Hard to find a rental service in Bolzen, long days in the saddle also mean better to have a comfortable well fitted bike, consider courier instead IMHO

Enjoy and ride those cronos hard!

Enda Marron

by Enda Marron

Thanks for this, I have trawled the internet for shops in Bolzano and am awaiting replies
Any tips or suggestions on how to spot a dodgy deal
I am also looking into couriers