Has anybody tried already a Castelli Gabba jersey??

Questions about bike hire abroad and everything light bike related. No off-topic chat please

Moderators: robbosmans, Moderator Team

HillRPete

by HillRPete

Gearjunkie wrote:I found the LS very warm.

Absolutely, using it more like a jacket than a jersey.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

aerozy

by aerozy

Another :thumbup: from me for the Gabba jersey. Amazing product! I got the short sleeve and long sleeve after reading this and have to say this is probably the best cycling addition I have had this year.

First ride was around 0C and I used the long sleeve with two merino wool base layers. Was amazed! I was too warm!

Next ride around 5C and I used 1 base layer. Again was too warm! End conclusion... for British weather this is all you'll need. No more need for heavy assos jackets! This is the ultimate winter WW product.

Loved the fit of the short sleeve version. Was hoping for better for the long sleeve version. Good fit around torso and shoulder but the sleeves are not as slim as I was hoping. I'd wish I'd ordered two short sleeves and then just used arm warmers.
Factor O2 Rim / Winspace 1500 Disk / Yoeleo R6 Rim / Cervelo S2 Rim

brearley

by brearley

next week i'm getting a castelli fawesome gillet which is basically a gabba gillet.
Anybody used one? i'll be wearing it over the top of a castelli thermosuit. :lol:

lippythelion

by lippythelion

brearley wrote:next week i'm getting a castelli fawesome gillet which is basically a gabba gillet.
Anybody used one? i'll be wearing it over the top of a castelli thermosuit. :lol:

Yes mate I've got a black Fawesome vest. It's a really good piece & fully windproof. The downside is that it isn't very packable, so it's best suited for rides where the temperature will be cool throughout.

hna

by hna

The Fawesome has been awesome in the Norwegian weather climate. I often just wear it the for whole ride, and open it up on climbs if I have to. When I am riding in warmer climates down in southern europe I wear a thin packable one for the descents. It's a bit thick and heavy for that use.

DanW

by DanW

I don't get why the yellow (more visible) Fawesome vest would still have a black back :roll: Seems very daft. Offer a high viz option and a ninja option, one or the other makes more sense!

GramStrong
Resident Pro

by GramStrong

Did anybody tried other type of neoprene jerseys (like diving shirts) as a cheep replacement?

micky

by micky

As I said in previous page, I think Castelli lost the esclusivity on the fabric as many local brands in Italy are offering that kind of jersey/jacket (the last one was Giordana which sent out a press release recently).

DanW

by DanW

Any others to consider Micky?

GramStrong
Resident Pro

by GramStrong

DanW wrote:Any others to consider Micky?

I've been tiped for the Dechatlon "triberd" diving jeresy. i bought it, but it still wasn't cold enough to try it here :) it was around 15 Euro's btw...

micky

by micky

Just by pure coincidence last week I found 2 other minor companies who seems to have same fabric but I dont think they do international sale.

pastronef

by pastronef

GramStrong wrote:

I've been tiped for the Dechatlon "triberd" diving jeresy. i bought it, but it still wasn't cold enough to try it here :) it was around 15 Euro's btw...

I went to Decathlon, my size (M) was out of stock.

It's the Tribord snorkeling jersey http://www.decathlon.it/top-licra-neofu ... 43733.html

it's neoprene, the sleeves are lighter, not neoprene

danoontje

by danoontje

@Micky, whick Giordana shirt is the same fabric as the Gabba?

lippythelion

by lippythelion

danoontje wrote:@Micky, whick Giordana shirt is the same fabric as the Gabba?

It might be the G-Shield Waterproof Jersey. The Bardiani riders used them at this year's Tour of Britain. The fabric looks the same as that used on the Gabba, but the drop tail flaps around, even at low speed.

micky

by micky

Giordana now is pushing on their new brand (just different name, same company) Alè; they sent out a press release few days ago talking about their new winter collection.
The jacket similar to Gabba would be called Shell Klimatik Winter 513 and 155 as far as I can understand.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com