Has anybody tried already a Castelli Gabba jersey??

Questions about bike hire abroad and everything light bike related. No off-topic chat please

Moderators: robbosmans, Moderator Team

micky

by micky

As I wrote some pages ago, a few italian brands started using same fabric (or similar) to the one used by Castelli for the Gabba.

I was given one last winter made for a company near Milan; great with light rain/rain but unluckily no windstopper.
Not same fabric as the Gabba, but ended up using it as a long sleeve jersey in cloudy days.

Some weeks ago bought one from a company near Verona; exact same fabric as the Gabba and indeed both waterproof and windproof.
So far couldn't be happier.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

pastronef

by pastronef

near Milan is Bosisio's I guess, I was about to buy it.

send me a PM with the Verona's link, please

grazie :beerchug:

ultyguy

by ultyguy

Micky- was it Parentini? If so, how'd it fit?

micky

by micky

Not Parentini as it's from Tuscany (do they make one?).
As I said nowdays there are a few brands offering similar product as the famous Castelli Gabba. :beerchug:

Willier

by Willier

Do you have any photos Micky? Price of the jersey?

micky

by micky

@Wilier, sorry for late reply. :oops:
I'll send you a PM with the contact of the guy who make them.

jjmstang

by jjmstang

Micky can you pm me the details also ?

Thanks,
John
Friends don't let friends ride clinchers

Jmdesignz2

by Jmdesignz2

Micky- please pm me with the details as well?

Thanks
Joe

Rush

by Rush

I finally got around to pairing my short-sleeved Gabba with Nanoflex armwarmers and frankly I'm underwhelmed. While they may have good water resistance they are no more windproof than my older BBB armwarmers. I'm wondering if Gore windstopper armwarmers would be a better match with the Gabba.

Has anyone else had similar experience?

jsprbcn

by jsprbcn

Gabba/Nanoflex is not designed to keep you 100% dry but to keep you warm.
If you want total water resistance you will be riding in a sauna.

TuplaO

by TuplaO

Rush wrote:I finally got around to pairing my short-sleeved Gabba with Nanoflex armwarmers and frankly I'm underwhelmed. While they may have good water resistance they are no more windproof than my older BBB armwarmers. I'm wondering if Gore windstopper armwarmers would be a better match with the Gabba.

Has anyone else had similar experience?

Regarding Gore WS arm warmers. I bought the same leg warmers last winter. Assuming they're the same material, it's probably what you're looking for: at fairly water repellent (the softshell-y material does not absorb water) and nicely windproof. They're not as stretchy as lycra or 'roubaix', but it's something you get used to (makes getting the correct size a bit more important).

I don't own a SS Gabba, but if I did, I'd surely pair it with different weight/material arm warmers, depending on the weather.

Rush

by Rush

Another cold ride yesterday, it was about 2 degrees when I started. On top I was wearing a merino t-shirt, SS gabba and Nanoflex arm warmers. My core was fine but by arms were freezing. I'm writing the Nanoflex arm warmers off for cold winter mornings, I'll bring them out again when it warms up

Will have to ask Gore how long their arm warmers, I've found arm warmer sizing hit and miss. I'm an XL in the Gabba but a L in the arm wamers, the XL was way too long.

stang1

by stang1

Could I Please also have a link/name of the company to making that product @Micky? Desiring a few more of my gabbas !

mrowkoob

by mrowkoob

I must say in 20 years of cycling no cycling garment has made me more happy than my gabba jacket. I´ve had it since it came out. In this season I bought the nanoflex bibs and leg and armwarmers as well. I was warm and dry through a very wet Ronde de Vlaanderen cyclo. Says i t all I think. I´ve use the gabba jacket in zub zero temperatures as well and really works well. In heavy rain for a long time the rain comes through... I´m told Castelli will soon release an even more waterproof product but still breathable.
The unbearable wallet lightness of being a weightweenie

lippythelion

by lippythelion

You can get a short sleeve Gabba 2 for about £90 in Blighty at the moment, I got mine from PBK.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com