Has anybody tried already a Castelli Gabba jersey??

Questions about bike hire abroad and everything light bike related. No off-topic chat please

Moderators: robbosmans, Moderator Team

ricerocket

by ricerocket

FYI, their bib short is VERY small.

I've never purchased a medium bib short in my life, and I couldn't get the Nanoflex shorts up past my knees. They're made for 5'2 85 lb riders.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

jsprbcn

by jsprbcn

I have all my shorts XXL (I like tight by the way so it does not move)

HillRPete

by HillRPete

Yes the Nanoflex bib fits a bit tighter, probably due to the less stretchy material. I have Castelli bibs in L normally, but XL for the Nanoflex.

HUMP DIESEL

by HUMP DIESEL

I have been wanting to grab one of the Gabba jerseys since the start of the season, but I have not done it and everytime the weather got bad, I wished I had. I buy all my Castelli clothing from www.classiccycling.com, and have spoken at length about this jersey. The owner uses it and the team he sponsors uses it. He will also tell you that you will get wet over and extended period of time, but as others have stated, you still will stay warmer.

HUMP
Why are the best things in life always the ones you start last?

sanrensho

by sanrensho

wassertreter wrote:Yes the Nanoflex bib fits a bit tighter, probably due to the less stretchy material.

That's good to know. I bought Nanoflex leg warmers in my usual S (every other brand) and they were insanely tight.

jsprbcn

by jsprbcn

Effectively I am waiting for my complete Nano-Flex kit to arrive :-)
Gabba jersey, arm/leg warmers and bib, can't wait!

Super_fast

by Super_fast

jsprbcn wrote:I have Pioggia 3 shoe covers (might replace them later on for some nano flex ones and they were damaged due to a crash in january).

I have the Nano shoe covers. They are extremely tight and wear out very fast. I use them for race day only and they did barely last a season.

jsprbcn

by jsprbcn

Super_fast wrote:
jsprbcn wrote:I have Pioggia 3 shoe covers (might replace them later on for some nano flex ones and they were damaged due to a crash in january).

I have the Nano shoe covers. They are extremely tight and wear out very fast. I use them for race day only and they did barely last a season.

Good to know! My Pioggia shoe covers got damaged during an accident, so I will check for how long I will be able to use them. Against spray and light rain they should hold, although under the left heel in stead of perforations there is a big hole.... :cry:

HillRPete

by HillRPete

Also have the Pioggia 3 and as much as I loved their feel, looks, and fit, I was surprised how flimsy they were. Maybe should have used the next size up to avoid the tension on the seams, but overshoes are supposed to fit tightly, after all ...

mellowJohnny

by mellowJohnny

I think someone mentioned the inside of the jersey is light fleece? Similar to a "roubaix" style winter tight? I have the Gore Xenon jersey / jacket and the descriptions of the Gabba in this thread sound a lot like the Xenon. I don't want to end up with two pieces of kit which are essentially the same.

ricerocket

by ricerocket

mellowJohnny wrote:I think someone mentioned the inside of the jersey is light fleece? Similar to a "roubaix" style winter tight? I have the Gore Xenon jersey / jacket and the descriptions of the Gabba in this thread sound a lot like the Xenon. I don't want to end up with two pieces of kit which are essentially the same.

That's pretty much it, but with a water repellent coating on the outer layer. I sold all my roubaix jerseys and tights for the Castelli stuff since it serves multiple purposes.

micky

by micky

Dont wanna open a new topic so I thought Id ask here; according to the sizing Im between S and M, but as I have kinda thin arms Im leaning toward the S.
Is there anyone who got any S size?
Is the Gabba material strechy?
Cheers

jipperd

by jipperd

@Mickey, I've been in the same dilemma, and decided to go with size S. Mostly due to the amount of stretch. I'm 1.73, 64kg. The fit sure is tight but I can wear it either with a single thermoshirt or wear it over a Roubaix shirt with thermoshirt beneath. If you wan't more details please let me know.

THSdrummer

by THSdrummer

I purchased a Gabba Jersey Short Sleeve version on sale as I had read about the hype for quite a while. Only rode in it for a couple of miles so far (it hasn't been nasty enough to warrant use just yet). I can say it feels great though. The back grimmed up pretty bad, and I've heard about the water repellent material washing out after a while, so I just soak it in cold, soapy water, rinse and hang dry. I'm hunting for a long-sleeve version on sale. It was on sale back when I purchased, and I considered it, but could only justify purchasing one jersey at the time. I also picked up some Nanoflex Arm Warmers. They fit very, very snug, but are very warm. I plan on pairing the Gabba with the Nanoflex at some point. They seem to be a good match.

As per fit: I'm 5' 9" and 150 pounds, athletic build, and the medium jersey fits me well. It is a tad loose around the neck. Overall, not as snug as my other medium Castelli jerseys, but a good fit.

The only day I wore it was an out right down pour. I was only out for a few minutes, but when I arrived back home, my upper body was dry, while the rest of me was soaked. The jersey is very warm. I certainly couldn't justify it in a warm downpour. Is the hype worth it? I believe so. I would really like to pick up the long sleeve jersey in Fluro Yellow for good visibility and warmth.
2012 Cannondale CAAD10 3 - 8.08Kg
(Just began the weight reduction process)

micky

by micky

Thanks guys.
@jipperd, it comes out we're almost same height/weight, so I guess I'll opt for the S.
Thanks again. :beerchug:

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com