Garmin Out-in-front Mounts Ad Nauseum

Questions about bike hire abroad and everything light bike related. No off-topic chat please

Moderators: robbosmans, Moderator Team

Zigmeister

by Zigmeister

Surprisingly, I filled out the online form for warranty, next day they sent a form to complete and want a $7 PP payment for shipping to replace.

Will see how this goes, but responsive.

LionelB

by LionelB

Trying to find an Edge 500 mount for my new Talon.... Tillquist is not replying and Bar fly seems to be re-launching the spoon soon but I got no availability date. Any other options ?

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

mrfish

by mrfish

LionelB look at raceware direct their integrated mount should work. Or you could cut 2 holes in a strip of alu and screw on a standard garmin mount.

eigner

by eigner

Tillquist wrote:Image

New Mount for ENVE stem

Can I purchase one of your ENVE Stem mounts?
Current: Colnago CX Zero Di2 Disc, Cannondale F29 carbon3
Previous: Scott Plasma 3 premium, Parlee Z3SL, Parlee Z4, Argon18 E112, TREK TTX7.0, S-Works Transition, Pinarello F4:13

TANK01

by TANK01

I'm also wanted to buy one of the Enve stem mount but don't see it currently available.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Using Tapatalk

LionelB

by LionelB

mrfish wrote:LionelB look at raceware direct their integrated mount should work. Or you could cut 2 holes in a strip of alu and screw on a standard garmin mount.

A previous experience with racerware eating into the plastic tabs of my Edge 500 left me not wanting another one... The material they use is too hard I think.

In fact the Tillquist version which seems to be made out of aluminum is probably an issue as well.

LionelB

by LionelB

Actually I am correcting myself the one who killed the tabs of my Edge 500 was the fliploc. Any similar reported issues with the racer ware ?

Stolichnaya

by Stolichnaya

I have several of Tilquists Garmin mounts and I have yet to see a scratch on the Garmin head unit's tabs. Granted, I go out of my way to line up and install the head unit carefully and smoothly just in case. But the machining on my mounts is very nice. I am not certain what this new plastic tab is all about; my Tilquist mounts are all alu and they hold the Garmin unit super stable.

I have read about a bunch of people who have had tabs fail on their Garmins and always wondered if this was down to just trying to gorilla the head unit into place without really looking.

I am patiently awaiting a RaceWare mount for Garmin / GoPro and will report back on the engagement once tested.

PuroScattista

by PuroScattista

TANK01 wrote:I'm also wanted to buy one of the Enve stem mount but don't see it currently available.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

same :noidea:

Zigmeister

by Zigmeister

Zigmeister wrote:Surprisingly, I filled out the online form for warranty, next day they sent a form to complete and want a $7 PP payment for shipping to replace.

Will see how this goes, but responsive.

Give Tate Labs credit. Received my replacement Barfly warranty 5 days after sending the form and paying the S/H.

Props to them!!

HAKS

by HAKS

New option coming soon from Bontrager

Tomstr

by Tomstr

Does anyone know if a Bar Fly or K-edge mount would hold a Mio / Magellan bike GPS??

I want to know from someone with experience with it before I get one online. :)
Ride it like you stole it

nathanong87
Resident master of GIF

by nathanong87

Stolichnaya wrote:I have read about a bunch of people who have had tabs fail on their Garmins and always wondered if this was down to just trying to gorilla the head unit into place without really looking.

yes it's due to gorilla-ing the mount. I broke tabs off my garmin about 5 months back because i lifted while twisting the unit to take it off, rather than just twisting first. I was in a rush, and knew exactly why it broke. My barfly 2.0 has been flawless for me besides that.

Tomstr

by Tomstr

Ok, the Bar fly 2.0 won't fit a Mio 315 as it's too short. I couldn't try the K-Edge which has a longer arm. Has anyone here tried it??
Ride it like you stole it

Getter

by Getter

Thats exactly how my girlfriend broke the tab off her Garmin. She tried to pull the unit off before it released.

I have a 500 with the version 1 of the K-Edge mount...and as of last year a 510. I'm still using them with the original K-Edge...and no issues. I just twist slow when I take it off and put it on.

The bluetooth connection with the 510 does not require me to remove my Garmin like I had to with the 500 to upload my data. Only time I remove the 510 is to charge it. The less you have to twist it off the mount...the less chance of breaking the tabs.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com