Garmin Out-in-front Mounts Ad Nauseum

Questions about bike hire abroad and everything light bike related. No off-topic chat please

Moderators: robbosmans, Moderator Team

MRM

by MRM

NiFTY wrote:I made a garmin mount for my TT out of 3mm carbon plate and some loose k edge garmin inserts. It mounts to the pro missile via the normal hardware. The exposure light mounts via another 1/4 turn adapter that I made. As a plus it stiffens up the front end. Currenty finishing a MCFK faceplate mount.

http://imgur.com/a/qc4nf

That is probably less aero than the typical regular option, but super badass! Looks like a throwback to the Space Invaders arcade game! :mrgreen:

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

kode54

by kode54

i ended up getting one as well. as nice as its made, now, i don't have a spot to put my Di2 junction box. i had it under the Garmin.

i'm still moving the arms out and trying that to see if it fits. i have a go pro mount under to clean up my light situation...that's what's getting in the way.
Last edited by Powerful Pete on Mon May 01, 2017 11:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: No need to quote the pic...
- Factor Ostro VAM Disc
- Factor LS Disc
- Specialized Aethos Disc
- Sturdy Ti Allroad Disc
- Guru Praemio R Disc

ms6073

by ms6073

Assume you read the latest update about the Wahoo/Garmin mounts recalled?
- Michael
"People should stop expecting normal from me... seriously, we all know it's never going to happen"

Getter

by Getter

0rangesilk wrote:That looks pretty sweet. Is that a garmin 520 you are running? Was looking to maybe get one of these, do you have the short or long arms? I thought I should get the short arms but worried there wont be enough room to press the bottom buttons

It is a 520. I'm running the short arms. I still have more room on the arms to slide the mount farther out.

Only thing is that I had a heck of a time getting the mount straight. Even using some grease on the bolts and holding the arms as directed...the arms will still want to twist when tightening the bolts.

ms6073 wrote:Assume you read the latest update about the Wahoo/Garmin mounts recalled?

I did get an email for that recall. So far mine has been good. There is nothing to ship back. They are just going to send new inserts once they are done with production.

Samklee15

by Samklee15

rkan wrote:Here's my Topeak Ridecase + Trigo out front (aliexpress) mount in action btw:

Please tell me that setup is restricted to indoor training only?

Tillquist

by Tillquist

A lots of New Garmin Edge Mount i stock today.

http://www.edge-mount.bike

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
See all my bike h e r e

Nefarious86

by Nefarious86

Wish the Tillquist mounts had a gopro mount provision.

Anyone know the best solution for a 27mm wide stem mount that will accommodate an edge 1000 and a gopro mount?
Using Tapatalk

shuttlenote

by shuttlenote

Getter wrote:I grabbed one of the Form Mounts on their Kickstarter campaign. Took a few months...but it's a pretty nice piece of kit. Its modular so you can add different attachments to it.

[ig]http://i195.photobucket.com/albums/z14/RS_VR6/IMG_20170416_153958307_zpsgyiecidz.jpg[/img]

Had a helluva time aligning the two posts when tightening it down. I still think it is a bit uneven. How was your experience.

CLEAR

by CLEAR

Same here. Got few F3 form mounts. And on all 3 bikes (3 different stems, 3T arx, arxII, and zipp SL) hard to line up properly as the arms keep twisting. But very versatile nonetheless as it can be used on just about all horizontal bolts; bummer won't work on my MCFK and Vibe7s stems.

Tillquist

by Tillquist

deletet........
Last edited by Tillquist on Fri Jun 30, 2017 7:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
See all my bike h e r e

Nefarious86

by Nefarious86

Any way to add a light Mount to the Tillquist ones?
Using Tapatalk

Tillquist

by Tillquist

Nefarious86 wrote:Any way to add a light Mount to the Tillquist ones?

I do not make this option

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
See all my bike h e r e

kode54

by kode54

Tillquist wrote:

can't you make drillings to accept a KCNC go pro adapter? would fit on the metal bar under the Garmin mount. yes?
- Factor Ostro VAM Disc
- Factor LS Disc
- Specialized Aethos Disc
- Sturdy Ti Allroad Disc
- Guru Praemio R Disc

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Tillquist

by Tillquist

kode54 wrote:
Tillquist wrote:

can't you make drillings to accept a KCNC go pro adapter? would fit on the metal bar under the Garmin mount. yes?

Maybe [emoji4]

See all my bike h e r e