Weight Weenies
* FAQ    * Search    * Trending Topics
* Login   * Register
HOME Listings Blog NEW Galleries NEW FAQ Contact About Impressum
It is currently Thu Dec 14, 2017 1:43 am

All times are UTC+01:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 414 posts ]  Go to page Previous 123 24 25 26 27 28 Next
PostPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2017 3:27 pm 

Tillquist wrote:

I bought one for my 3T LTD stem - very happy, fits great

Thanks

Posted: Mon Jul 03, 2017 3:27 pm 

PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2017 7:19 am 

shuttlenote wrote:
Had a helluva time aligning the two posts when tightening it down. I still think it is a bit uneven. How was your experience.

It did take some time to get it the point to where I felt that it was good enough and no longer wanted to mess with it anymore. I think its still a bit crooked.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2017 1:24 am 

Any suggestions/solutions for Extralite Hyperstem (-12)? https://www.extralite.com/Products/HyperStem.htm

This stem is a bit unique. It uses special titanium Torx 20 screws, and the two bottom screws appear to be angled downwards (suggesting that if you had a straightforward mount, your mounted Garmin would be angled downwards).

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2017 10:01 am 

Getter wrote:
shuttlenote wrote:
Had a helluva time aligning the two posts when tightening it down. I still think it is a bit uneven. How was your experience.

It did take some time to get it the point to where I felt that it was good enough and no longer wanted to mess with it anymore. I think its still a bit crooked.

How i installed the form mount.

1. Apply plenty of grease on the bolts, especially right behind the head where they contact the arms.
2. I had to loosen the top 2 screws a little, tighten the 2 form mount bolts as much as possible without turning rhe arms out of position, then tighten the top 2 bolts back to torque. Maybe slightly more.

Last edited by Garrison on Tue Jul 25, 2017 10:04 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2017 7:25 pm 

For those that ordered from Tillquist: How was your experience?

I have ordered an Edge Mount over a week ago and I don‘t see any progress with the order at all. The order is showing „processing“ under my account since the beginning and no changes since...

Would be interested in your shopping experience with him.

Thanks!
Andy

PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2017 7:43 pm 

Keep in mind he is not a manufacturing business, but someone who has found a niche market as a part-time avocation. That said, while I have no recent experience, but I ordered a mount from him several years ago and I recall it took 2-3 weeks from order to receipt of the item.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2017 7:50 pm 

ms6073 wrote:
Keep in mind he is not a manufacturing business, but someone who has found a niche market as a part-time avocation. That said, while I have no recent experience, but I ordered a mount from him several years ago and I recall it took 2-3 weeks from order to receipt of the item.

Thanks for the quick reply. I do understand this however he was posting a bit earlier that they have large quantities of mounts on stock so I was expecting the status to be changed to "sent" or any kind of other feedback a bit quicker. Let's see how this progresses.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2017 12:42 pm 

Quick update: Right after I posted the above the status changed to sent and I received an e-mail confirmation.

And today the mount was already in the mailbox. Installation was easy, it looks great and quality seems to be very good. 13g only for the mount.

Very happy now!

PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2017 8:48 pm 

F3 Mount Users: Anybody running a Go Pro front light setup that they like to share?

PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2017 9:09 pm 

shuttlenote wrote:
F3 Mount Users: Anybody running a Go Pro front light setup that they like to share?

i had the go pro mount attached below with light. then my Garmin flew off on a bump road. the center screw was still attached and didn't seem stripped. so i mounted the Garmin mount when i got back to the house. doesn't seem like a sturdy way to hold the Garmin...as it rocks forward and backward quite a bit with the one screw. i think it really needs two. but back to your question...i didn't really care for the light mount...as it put the light too far forward. i like my light set back under the Garmin more...and reverted back to the regular handlebar mount that i originally had on it. the Garmin mount still rocks front to back when i press to start it. i may put the tether on it so i don't damage my Garmin the next time it flies off.

- Independent Fabrication Ti FLW + Campy SR11 + Enve 3.4 CK hubs

PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2017 1:05 am 

If one wants to mount a camera to a out front stem-mounted garmin mount.. I'd probably buy something like: https://www.topeak.com/global/en/produc ... sc-adapter It is too bad you cannot get the Phone-cases for other phones than iphones any longer.. A couple years back they made a few cases for other smartphones as well.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2017 6:42 pm 

i use the K-edge XL combo mount, good to swap the light or gopro in/out when needed

PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2017 12:48 am 

@ Tillquist

I'm after some help please. I've had one of your Garmin mounts for some time now and love it, and still doing a great job.

It's to suit the older 3T ARX stem and I need to change from a -6 degree to a -10/-12 or -17 degree stem , but npow the 3T stems have the bolts very close together.

Do you know which stems are compatible with the 3T ARX spacing ? I'm looking at Kalloy UNO ultralight, Thompson, Easton EA90 as some options.

Any others that may fit the mount ?

Many thanks in advance

PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2017 12:55 am 

Hoping someone can help....I recently installed a Shimano Pro aluminum stem, which has the reverse handlebar bolts. What's a good out-front solution? The stock Garmin out-front doesn't fit quite right as the handlebar clamp is too wide and extends into the aero portion of the Pro Vibe carbon aero handlebar. Does the K-Edge have a narrower handlebar clamp than the Garmin?

Posted: Tue Aug 29, 2017 12:55 am 

PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2017 6:35 am 

@hamfist I have the same stem and bars. I tried k-edge and barfly and wahoo mount and nothing fits.

K-edge had a prototype mount at the tour but its not available yet. I've ended removing the stem for a number of reasons.

My ex ride
My old rides

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 414 posts ]  Go to page Previous 123 24 25 26 27 28 Next