Garmin Out-in-front Mounts Ad Nauseum

Questions about bike hire abroad and everything light bike related. No off-topic chat please

Moderators: robbosmans, Moderator Team

Ozrider

by Ozrider

I have an ENVE Mount that is working really well, but it is a warranty replacement. The first one had issues with

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Ozrider - Western Australia
Parlee Z5 XL (6055g/13.32lbs) Trek Madone 5.9 (7052-7500g)Jonesman Columbus Spirit (8680g)
Chase your dreams - it's only impossible until it's done

1flytriguy

by 1flytriguy

Anyone have one of these? seems like a pretty decent design for a stem mount

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

kode54

by kode54

kkibbler wrote:Some shots of the mini-mount from Fetha, now drilled and tapped for the K-Edge GoPro piece.

looks nice and tidy. what did you use? M4 bolt? and what about tap? standard?

thx.
- Factor Ostro VAM Disc
- Factor LS Disc
- Specialized Aethos Disc
- Sturdy Ti Allroad Disc
- Guru Praemio R Disc

NiFTY

by NiFTY

Fetha users. They now have 4 hole drilled as standard. Are these all tapped from the topside to allow different garmin orientations, or are two tapped from below to allow gopro mount usage?
Evo 4.9kg SL3 6.64kg Slice RS 8.89kg viewtopic.php?f=10&t=110579" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

glepore

by glepore

The Nailed mount looks very nice, but 61g is way heavy, unless you really need the gopro functionality.
Cysco Ti custom Campy SR mechanical (6.9);Berk custom (5.6); Serotta Ottrott(6.8) ; Anvil Custom steel Etap;1996 Colnago Technos Record

sun

by sun

NiFTY - I'm pretty sure they are tapped all the way through as the usage was for a Garmin in a different orientation. People just use it for GoPro usage as well.

I bought a Fetha mount and I'm not liking how far away my Edge 520 sits from the bars. I should have asked or looked for more mounted pictures. Anyone know of any other mounts similar to this that have a clean look. I've considered the Rec Mount, but it has a lot of parts to it.

rkan

by rkan

sun wrote:NiFTY - I'm pretty sure they are tapped all the way through as the usage was for a Garmin in a different orientation. People just use it for GoPro usage as well.

I bought a Fetha mount and I'm not liking how far away my Edge 520 sits from the bars. I should have asked or looked for more mounted pictures. Anyone know of any other mounts similar to this that have a clean look. I've considered the Rec Mount, but it has a lot of parts to it.

Are you referring to the adjustable Fetha or other version?

sun

by sun

The aluminum adjustable version. Not the latest slim one with black bolts, but that looks to be about the same.

rkan

by rkan

Has anyone here used the Topeak RideCase RX? You can mount it on stem bolts. They also have a phone mount available, so you can do Trainerroad-rides on the road. :shock:

Pretty good price from here (also other UK based shops): https://www.sjscycles.co.uk/accessories ... era-mount/

beatle

by beatle

1flytriguy wrote:Anyone have one of these? seems like a pretty decent design for a stem mount

I just purchased this to replace my Raceware mount. I was given a gift card to REI so I bought a L&M Urban 500 and this mount will nicely clean up my cockpit and easily allow the Urban 500 to be mounted. I'll let you know the quality once it comes in which should be any day now. Reasonable price as well.

damond

by damond

beatle wrote:
1flytriguy wrote:Anyone have one of these? seems like a pretty decent design for a stem mount

I just purchased this to replace my Raceware mount. I was given a gift card to REI so I bought a L&M Urban 500 and this mount will nicely clean up my cockpit and easily allow the Urban 500 to be mounted. I'll let you know the quality once it comes in which should be any day now. Reasonable price as well.

Only problem with those is that they're way too big! Not a problem if you're using an Edge 1000, but if you're using a smaller edge it will be positioned really far!

beatle

by beatle

damond wrote:
beatle wrote:

Only problem with those is that they're way too big! Not a problem if you're using an Edge 1000, but if you're using a smaller edge it will be positioned really far!

Have you seen anything similar but not as long? thanks.

rkan

by rkan

beatle wrote:Have you seen anything similar but not as long? thanks.

What's your price range? You can get the Ridecase RX with the garmin bit for about 35 + shipping.. 55€ gets you the tillquist mount and about 65€ gets you the fethas.

beatle

by beatle

rkan wrote:
beatle wrote:Have you seen anything similar but not as long? thanks.

What's your price range? You can get the Ridecase RX with the garmin bit for about 35 + shipping.. 55€ gets you the tillquist mount and about 65€ gets you the fethas.

Thanks. I will look into these option.

:thumbup:

Timmy269

by Timmy269

I have on my Sworks Tarmac a Sworks SL Stem with Sworks Aerofly carbon handlebar.
Now I have a K-edge garmin mount but I want a cleaner cockpit and looking for a Garmin mount to bolt on the stem.

Which one fits my stem?

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com