HOT: Active* forum members generally gain 5% discount at starbike.com store!
Weight Weenies
* FAQ    * Search    * Trending Topics
* Login   * Register
HOME Listings Articles FAQ Contact About

Go to page Previous  1, 2
PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2013 6:04 pm 

Well, we finally settled on compensation on the bike that got totaled. The insurance companies sure are a PITA to deal with.
I had to show receipts for all the new parts that I bought for that bike over the winter. They included enve 2.0 fork, new CK HS, Zipp SL bars, New Ultimate post,saddle and custom made wheels and tires. They are giving me what I paid for the new parts as they only had 3 or 4 rides on them and are giving me a nice amount for the frame and groupo.
I bought the trashed bike back from the insurance company as some of the parts were not affected in the collision.
The guy who built the wheels will give me a nice break on getting a new front wheel built and will check the rear for any damage.
I will be getting a new steel bike made with the $ and will still have some left over for the rest of the parts.
I have been in contact with a few builders and will decide in the near future.
I am looking at a custom geometry based on a mix of Columbus Sprit/Life/S3 tubing with SS rear triangle and bb30 BB as well as a 44mm inset HS and enve on the front end. It will be fillet brazed for the seamless look. It will be sporting a chorus 11 speed group.

I have been riding quite a bit over the last few weeks and feel like I am getting back to my riding form slowly. I have been doing 40 to 60 mile rides at a moderate/fast tempo 3 days a week and doing a climbing ride 1 day a week.
I still have a bit of neck discomfort but the chiropractor is getting that worked out. The shoulder is not giving me any problems and my rib cage is close to 100%.

Skiezo
It is good to have all of this behind me and feel a full recovery is possible.

PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2013 7:35 pm 

Location: Wherever there's a mountain beckoning to be climbed
Did you get compensation for pain and suffering?

Posted: Sun May 19, 2013 7:35 pm 

PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2013 10:05 pm 

That I am still waiting on. I have left that in the competent hands of my legal counsel.
To be honest, that is the least of my concerns. I am just happy to have come out of this incident fully recovered and back on the road in a short month of recovery and healing. And at 50 that is pretty good IMHO. I do not heal as fast as I did in my younger days but feel that by being in excellent physical condition and health contributed to my fast healing.
Another thing that I contribute my speedy recovery to is a healthy diet as well as drinking 16 to 24 ounces of fresh veggie and fruit juice per day.

Skiezo

Go to page Previous  1, 2