The NEW Weight Weenie Kit Thread

Questions about bike hire abroad and everything light bike related. No off-topic chat please

Moderators: robbosmans, Moderator Team

Clothing manufacturers

Louis Garneau
51%
Pactimo
10%
Champion System
39%

Total votes: 79

PSM

by PSM

astranoc wrote:
PSM wrote:"Why should we promote companies for free? That is stupid. :(

This only makes sense if the companies are happy to pay a part of the order, otherwise I can't see a point of being "more pro" by having a random name on my kit. And personally I like the current design, and in contrast i find the Fairwheel one not to my taste.

Make sense. :thumbup:

Ask Ernesto then... :lol:

Liggero

by Liggero

That's the point, the sponsors are to get some economical support for improving the thing. Otherwise, there's no pint, obviously. I suggest to wait for prendrefeu design or any other alternative design. There's nothing to loose.
Happy Trails !!!

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

PSM

by PSM

Can't we all afford a plain WW-jersey? ;)

KvnP

by KvnP

So... this order.. :popcorn:
Parlee Z3c
Independent Fabrication SSR // 953
Independent Fabrication Planet X
Knolly Chilcotin

prendrefeu

by prendrefeu

So here's just one concept - the week turned ended more busy than I would have liked for work, so I only managed to get in a few hours on this and decided to slightly adopt a concept I had on file. Newer ideas take a bit more time to generate properly, I have a few other ideas that can be drawn up... I can sketch up another concept over the next few days from my hotel room as I'll be traveling if there is a call for it.

Three things:
1. I looked at pricing for Louis Garneau, and I also looked at prices for Champion-Systems... for the price, why aren't we going with Capo?
Their prices are competitive, the quality very high, and minimums are 25 which I think can happen, no?
Anyway, since I had Capo templates on hand, I used those. Use your imagination to switch the mfg logo! Regardless of which vendor we end up with, I can adjust the design.

2. Colors... easily switchable to another swatch pattern.

3. Text. I had to re-do the WW logo. That took a bit of time to get proper, but there it is. I chose to use the common materials as elements instead of sponsors... a bit of tongue in cheek, a bit geeky, but true to our knowledge that Steel, Alumin(i)um, Titanium and Carbon all have their qualities. I included the Ant as a mascot, keeping the little guy in his original, blocky-form. Text on inside of collar is "HOW MUCH DOES IT WEIGH?" and the text on the back panel of the shorts reads "Lighten up." I thought it would be good to have something a little fun on that back panel, since that's what the rider behind you will be staring at when you pull.

Option 1 - Blue and Green are actually flourescent! (Think Italian)

Option 2 - another colour scheme (a classic colour scheme actually....)
Exp001 || Other projects in the works.

PSM

by PSM

Na. The original was ok.

AGW

by AGW

Prend, classy!

djconnel

by djconnel

Here's my original art:

I really like the "lighten up!" I think that belongs. I also like the diagonal stripes on the shorts. The weenie coming out of the pocket is also cute. The text inside the collar is excellent. My short design is relatively dull. I tried to play with the "WW" motif on the jersey colors. I think that worked out okay. I note you added iron to the material mix. That's interesting... steel is real? I think Rob English has shown you can very much be a weight weenie with Fe. Neither of us is doing much with the sleeves. The trend in pro jerseys has been simplicity, but sometimes a bit of accent can add a lot.

BTW, here's an EPS of the weenie I drew (vector form).
Last edited by djconnel on Fri Apr 26, 2013 7:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

btompkins0112

by btompkins0112

Yes, I would take one of each color for Prend's design.....like black as the main color with accents of third color. Awesome!

are

by are

I thought the original design wasn't bad, but Prend's new ones are really nice. The blue, black & green is especially good IMHO. The bug coming out of the pocket instead of the butt seam on the bibs is a big improvement. I wasn't planning on getting a kit, but if it's Capo and the new design, then I'm in.

PSM

by PSM

Just order any of them. I want a Weeenie jersey. ;)

mdeth1313

by mdeth1313

Oh God, no Capo! Every Capo jersey I've owned has ripped at the jersey pockets' stitching in less than a year.
Speedplay is the devil!

campbellrae

by campbellrae

Really like the designs Prend, my girlfriend now wants a kit as well... This is going to get expensive :lol:

prendrefeu

by prendrefeu

Thanks! :beerchug:

@mdeth: That seems to have been the same complaint with Louis Garneau.
Champ-Sys is the other options people are looking at. I just can't see the pricing being dramatically better than other places.

Ted (xnavalav8r) mentioned a direct contact with Verge Sport. That's another option, maybe a happy medium if the price is right? Their minimum is only 6, which is pretty good and puts less pressure on the order.
Exp001 || Other projects in the works.

Gearjunkie

by Gearjunkie

Nice work Prend, though no disrespect to DJ.

Particularly like Prend's blue and green (option 1) and the details (bug in pocket etc).

Wasn't going to sign up for these originally but Prend's option 1 may just have me opening my wallet.

Appreciate the pro bono work too. Props.

Cheers

GJ

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com