Liege Bastone Liege 2013 Adventure

Questions about bike hire abroad and everything light bike related. No off-topic chat please

Moderators: robbosmans, Moderator Team

dc8fr8dog

by dc8fr8dog

I am going to Liege for the race but I can not find much information online. Anyone know the start time and place? How about the finish line? Good places to drink beer in between? Thanks for any help and insight.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

dc8fr8dog

by dc8fr8dog

Thanks I have been to the website but can not zoom in to street level. Guess I will just have to wing it. At least they have posted the time schedule.

simon
Resident Pro

by simon

start is nothing spectacular. better go there(kind of a town hall in the city centre)on saturday because that's one of the last races with a real team presentation where all riders and directors show up saturday afternoon. this part of belgium is considered to be a bit of a sh+t hole(sorry for locals but that's what i experienced during all the weeks i've spent there and people i've talked to), so the places close to the finish are not nice to spend the day(unless you're italian because the last climb goes through "little italy" of belgium). try to get a car trip to houffalize or stockeau(or another climb somewhen in the middle of the race), enjoy the athmosphere and after that, try to hurry to the finishing area(carrefour parking just next to the highway through liege, exit "ans"). redoute might be to close to the finish and too crowded to still make it. but if you decide to ride somewhere by bike, and not get back to the finish line, redoute is maybe an hour by bike and a very crazy place on that day.
if you can, have a look at the finish area the day after. i always thought how crazy it is that this is THE place in cycling one day, while the next day it's just some road and parking area in front of a shopping center...