probikekit.com

Questions about bike hire abroad and everything light bike related. No off-topic chat please

Moderators: robbosmans, Moderator Team

waltthizzney

by waltthizzney

robertbb wrote:
Wed Feb 14, 2018 9:24 pm
TonyM wrote:
Wed Feb 14, 2018 9:10 pm
robertbb wrote:
Wed Feb 14, 2018 9:09 pm
waltthizzney wrote:
Wed Feb 14, 2018 4:18 am
aliexpress is a great place to buy shimano part for cheap. you never get hit with duty either
Genuine? Full parts (e.g. shifters, derailleurs, brakes, cranks, etc.)? Or smaller things that are replaceable?
Aliexpress has the best prices indeed :wink: - authenticity/ genuine is of course something different :mrgreen:
Nobody buy there for that..... :mrgreen:
Would have thought it's hard to fake a Shimano part...?
yes they are completely real. did not come with a box or any documentation though.

i bought from here

https://8081bike.aliexpress.com/store/2 ... 0.0.9sm4eJ

https://www.aliexpress.com/store/produc ... 710fPnoqZK

TonyM

by TonyM

These look genuine Shimano indeed! Maybe OEM or OEM 2nd choice.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

davidguetta402

by davidguetta402

nismosr wrote:
Tue Aug 01, 2017 12:23 am
These parts came in today after a week from Probikekit, never had a problem with them

Yes, your right. Quality of the product is also good, Probikekit is very good brand. I really like her products.!

davidguetta402

by davidguetta402

nismosr wrote:
Tue Aug 01, 2017 12:23 am
These parts came in today after a week from Probikekit, never had a problem with them

Yes, your right. Quality of the product is also good, Probikekit is very good brand. I really like her products.!
Last edited by davidguetta402 on Wed May 29, 2019 9:41 am, edited 1 time in total.

ParisCarbon

by ParisCarbon

Im finding all those bigger online euro shops now take forever to get stuff over to Canada... ribble was fast, I had a cassette delievered at Christmas during a postal strike within a week.. probikekit - parts took nearly 3 weeks.. chainreaction, parts actually came from spain and took nearly 3 weeks.... bike discount nearly 3 weeks, have an order in with bike 24 right now, its already been 2 weeks, and no trace of it even being in Canada...
What frustrates me with the shipping is it says its "left the originating country" but it really hasn't... its basically been chucked in a bin waiting to be filled to your country... In my mind that should be free shipping.. thats not $30 worth of shipping.. I paid $30 from Merlin and had a complete EPS group overnight!

I guess what it comes down to, if you are in a rush for your stuff, don't hold your breath!

bikeboy1tr

by bikeboy1tr

Haha I often get the request for reviews before I get the parts they want the reviews for when ordering from CRC, Probikekit and Merlin. Always use free shipping though.

Sent from my STH100-1 using Tapatalk

viewtopic.php?f=10&t=154188
2018 Colnago V2R Rim Brake
2019 Colnago V2R Disc Brake
2014 Norco Threshold Disc Brake
2006 Ridley Crosswind Rim Brake

TonyM

by TonyM

I regularly order from Bike24.de and bike-discount.de since I live in Canada and I used to order from them as I used to live in Germany and Switzerland.
Pricing and assortment are really good. I never had any damages or losses etc... :thumbup:

I just have to wait approx. 3 weeks between order and delivery but that's ok considering how expensive bike stuff is in Canada !! :evil:
And for many items I even can"t get them here in Canada (i.e. DT Swiss ERC 1100 Dicut or DT Swiss ARC 1100 Dicut).

Crazy is also the pricing difference between amazon.ca and amazon.com for the same item!

ParisCarbon

by ParisCarbon

TonyM wrote:
Mon Feb 18, 2019 6:15 am
I regularly order from Bike24.de and bike-discount.de since I live in Canada and I used to order from them as I used to live in Germany and Switzerland.
Pricing and assortment are really good. I never had any damages or losses etc... :thumbup:

I just have to wait approx. 3 weeks between order and delivery but that's ok considering how expensive bike stuff is in Canada !! :evil:
And for many items I even can"t get them here in Canada (i.e. DT Swiss ERC 1100 Dicut or DT Swiss ARC 1100 Dicut).

Crazy is also the pricing difference between amazon.ca and amazon.com for the same item!
It never used to take me 3 weeks to get anything from bike24 to Winnipeg... usually 7 days.. this last order I placed took 17 days from the time it "apparently" left Germany to arriving in Canada.. its now been sitting in customs in Montreal for the past 3 days... so once its released another 2-3 days... maybe next week.. it'll be pushing 3.5 weeks by the time I get it... I havent been nailed with customs on anything in a while through postal service, I guess here comes my turn.. luckily this is a small odds n ends order...

TonyM

by TonyM

ParisCarbon wrote:
TonyM wrote:
Mon Feb 18, 2019 6:15 am

It never used to take me 3 weeks to get anything from bike24 to Winnipeg... usually 7 days.. this last order I placed took 17 days from the time it "apparently" left Germany to arriving in Canada.. its now been sitting in customs in Montreal for the past 3 days... so once its released another 2-3 days... maybe next week.. it'll be pushing 3.5 weeks by the time I get it... I havent been nailed with customs on anything in a while through postal service, I guess here comes my turn.. luckily this is a small odds n ends order...
Wow that’s fast 7 days!
As I lived in Switzerland it usually took 5 to 9 days!

And no taxes? Wow that’s great! I always have to pay taxes and the brokerage fees from Canada Post ($10).

I am living in greater Vancouver. 1 week at least between the release from the customs to my house. The customs usually take up to a few days however.

But you are right that when you have the notice that “it has left Germany” it actually means that “it will be shipped to Canada as soon as a spot is available”. Something like “asap” in British English...LOL...

AJS914

by AJS914

Maybe the problem is Canada post? I order from many of those companies and it usually takes about a week to the US.

ParisCarbon

by ParisCarbon

AJS914 wrote:
Thu Feb 21, 2019 5:25 pm
Maybe the problem is Canada post? I order from many of those companies and it usually takes about a week to the US.
Once an item arrives in Canada, Canada post scans it immediately and send it off to customs... its pretty detailed tracking... I have a package right now that took 17 days from Germany to Canada waiting to leave.. its now been sitting in customs for 4 days...which is strange.. called customs and asked if there were delays in Montreal port, she told me no, but then went on to tell me that "Normal" processing time for postal items is actually 5-15 BUSINESS days!! I told her I had never waited more than a day, and it was just bike parts.. she found it strange as well seeing it was nothing elaborate coming in, and said things were normally quick.. she also told me that although rare, customs can actually hold packages for up to SIXTY days!!! She told me if it hadnt move in the 15 days to call back and she would get me in touch with Montreal to see what the problem is...

TonyM

by TonyM

I have currently a package in the customs in Montreal for several days also....

But so far all my orders have always been waiting there for release several days (up to 10 days)....

Customs are everywhere in the world the same: not the fastest - but this is not their job...

Don‘t stress and take it easy....you can‘t push then anyway....

chorus88

by chorus88

For reference,
I ordered from Merlin on Feb1st & received my items on Feb21st (no duty).
Normally 12 days to Toronto (duty/no duty) .
Good luck :beerchug:
When Technology Becomes Emotion
2023 Tarmac SL7 Expert R8100 (90622-3352)

ParisCarbon

by ParisCarbon

TonyM wrote:
Fri Feb 22, 2019 1:13 am
I have currently a package in the customs in Montreal for several days also....

But so far all my orders have always been waiting there for release several days (up to 10 days)....

Customs are everywhere in the world the same: not the fastest - but this is not their job...

Don‘t stress and take it easy....you can‘t push then anyway....
You've been waiting 10 days?!?!!? WOW!! Well as much as I hate to say it, at least its not just me..
This is actually the first time in I don't know how many years Ive ever waiting more than a day for something to clear!!!
Had Campy direct mount brakes go through Mississauga last week in and out in 30 mins and never got charged a cent!!

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Orbital

by Orbital

Everything used to clear thru Richmond for me, only a days time. Now I’m seeing most things clear thru Mississauga and Montreal to get to BC. Probikekit has always had long ship times for me. At least 3 weeks