problems with jerseycycles.com

Questions about bike hire abroad and everything light bike related. No off-topic chat please

Moderators: robbosmans, Moderator Team

adidavas

by adidavas

Hi,

do you have problem with shipping from this site? About 40 days waiting and nothing comes from it...

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

SDP

by SDP

i always had great service to uk.

Sent from my GT-I8160 using Tapatalk 2

highwater

by highwater

It took about a week before my stuff shipped from them. I got an email explaining something about being busy taking care of ill, elderly relatives.

UpFromOne

by UpFromOne

you gotta email / pester ole Bob at Jersey. He does have family issues and isn't always on top of things at the shop. But in my many transactions I find that he will get you taken care of, if you get on him.

xnavalav8r

by xnavalav8r

There is a note from Bob on the website stating that he will be shut down for a couple of weeks due to travel. He won't be filling/shipping any orders until early April. I submitted an order 2 weeks ago for which payment has been processed. I don't know if it will get to me anytime soon. But if there are personal/family issues causing a delay, I can accept that. I've never had an issue with any other orders.

jbf

by jbf

I have purchased lots of stuff over the years from JerseyCycles and Bob is a very straight guy. You will have no issue receiving your order. My last order was only a few weeks ago when his recent problems were emerging and delivery was a few days slower than normal (he did send an email to apologize). This is a 1 man operation and it sounds like he is having family issues which are taking him away from his business (you will note that TorontoCycles has had a similar recent hiatus). I don't know his/their situation but my both my parents are in assisted living with 24-hour caregivers (when I or my sister are not there) so I have the ultimate sympathy for whatever he up against. I've had to jump on an airplane more than once with only a few hours notice.

Give him time and he will take care of you. Lets face it, we can all wait a few more days for our titanium bolts.

xnavalav8r

by xnavalav8r

+1

Bob e-mailed me yesterday to update the status of my order. As I said, I'm willing to accept a delay when all past experience has been positive. I'd rather give my business to a good guy running a small company who handles things personally... even if it means occasional issues like this. Not a big deal. Especially considering most of the stuff he sells is eye-candy for the bike. Any of us can ride for an extra week or so on stock nuts and bolts waiting for our cool ano bits to arrive.

adidavas

by adidavas

For my order I think its post office delay, or lost in post. I asked him to claim post office for this, but no answer.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com