Turbo trainer vs outdoor riding

Questions about bike hire abroad and everything light bike related. No off-topic chat please

Moderators: robbosmans, Moderator Team

Squint

by Squint

djm wrote:Squint: Aircon set to 15'c and full blast.. would need quite the powerful fan not to sweat..

What's the temperature of the air in the room?

In the summer, my A/C set to 15C sometimes can only cool the room to 20C by the end of the ride. If I do L4, I'll sweat quite a bit then. Not so much this time of year doing L3.

A good fan or three will make the most difference then it comes down to air temperature and humidity.

I use model 9420:

http://www.airkinglimited.com/pages/ind ... 8Ped1.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

djm

by djm

According to my Garmin Edge 800 which normally is correct on temperatures the actual temperature varied between 14,8 and 16 degrees Celsius during the two hour session :-)

jedijeck

by jedijeck

I use an indoor trainer just because the weather here in the UK is very poor most of the time. But I prefer to get out on the road when possible. The trainer has helped keep and improved my bike fitness, but it takes some discipline and a training program to get the most out of it. It's still better than just sitting in front of the tv when it's raining out. In fact, sometimes I even setup my trainer in front of my tv , pop in a TDF dvd and "ride".
Dedacciai Scuro RS - For Sale (frame & fork)
Greg Lemond Maillot Jaune Columbus TSX
Merlin Extralight
Santa Cruz Tazmon