Lemond looking at making bikes again

Questions about bike hire abroad and everything light bike related. No off-topic chat please

Moderators: robbosmans, Moderator Team

stella-azzurra

by stella-azzurra

More importantly what's Abdujaparov, and Boardman doing next to Chiappucci on this climb? :lol:

ultimobici wrote:Nah, that's a Chiappucci renaissance!
I never took drugs to improve my performance at any time. I will be willing to stick my finger into a polygraph test if anyone with big media pull wants to take issue. If you buy a signed poster now it will not be tarnished later. --Graeme Obree

Wingnut

by Wingnut

Chiappucci past his best and the times when EPO flowed like wine...;)

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

jedijeck

by jedijeck

As a Greg fan and proud owner of a 90's Lemond TSX Maillot Jaune, I would welcome his return to the market. TBH I wasn't a fan of the Trek Lemonds, so I hope he doesn't go a similar route.
Dedacciai Scuro RS - For Sale (frame & fork)
Greg Lemond Maillot Jaune Columbus TSX
Merlin Extralight
Santa Cruz Tazmon

vfr700

by vfr700

I still have my Bilato Lemond TSX MJ- Team Z. I picked it up in 1990 from the shop I worked at, TSDI had a great dealer incentive program at the time. I was never a fan of post Bilato, Della Santa built Lemond's.

ultimobici
in the industry

by ultimobici

vfr700 wrote:I still have my Bilato Lemond TSX MJ- Team Z. I picked it up in 1990 from the shop I worked at, TSDI had a great dealer incentive program at the time. I was never a fan of post Bilato, Della Santa built Lemond's.
I thought Della Santa built his early frames before he turned pro?

xnavalav8r

by xnavalav8r

I still haven't seen anything, anywhere (outside this thread) to suggest that LeMond is bringing his name back to a line of bicycles.

vfr700

by vfr700

Della Santa built his early frames, and also built some of the Lemond commercial frames. I think after Della Santa he moved production to Bilato.

timmers

by timmers

djconnel wrote:
Rush wrote:Oh how I wish they would make Spinaci bars again with a 31.8 mm clamp diameter.

I just saw some Spinaci on sale @ a local shop, super-cheap. I resisted, even though I still cling to 26.0 as the superior option.

My preference for sub-40 cm bars has finally proven popular. I'm not too hopeful on 26.0 staging a comeback soon, however.

Are you small dj? I have narrow shoulders but riding any narrower than 44cc is very difficult and creates other issues like hand cramp/numbness. 5ft 11in 75kg.

Cheers

stella-azzurra

by stella-azzurra

How can narrower bar cause hand cramps? What are the measurements of your shoulders: top of the shoulder from the boney protrusion on the right to the other boney protrusion on the left.

I never took drugs to improve my performance at any time. I will be willing to stick my finger into a polygraph test if anyone with big media pull wants to take issue. If you buy a signed poster now it will not be tarnished later. --Graeme Obree

bluesea

by bluesea

He's left a number of builders by the wayside, probably better off and who knows how worse for wear. The Clark Kents were the coolest--wished I had one back then but went with a Road Logic instead. Not interested anymore.

djconnel

by djconnel

In response to the earlier question: I have narrow shoulders, fitting 38 cm bars using the usual method. Wider feel like my arms are splayed out. I prefer the feeling of straight arms: more support.

timmers

by timmers

stella-azzurra wrote:How can narrower bar cause hand cramps? What are the measurements of your shoulders: top of the shoulder from the boney protrusion on the right to the other boney protrusion on the left.

Only just seen question. 38cm. My thoughts are that narrowing hand position causes pinching of nerves in shoulder joints. Interested to read that Boonen is now on narrower bars 42 outside.

Cat6TT

by Cat6TT

33, 35, and 37cm have become popular on the track. I've been using 35cm bars for a month and have come to prefer them. Chris Hoy was using 33cm Alpina bars despite his size, and now I believe is using a custom GB team bar in the same width.
“It’s important to understand the ‘aggregation of marginal gains.’" -- David Brailsford

“If you’re a cyclist, you need to have the upper body of a 12-year-old girl and the lower body of a power lifter.” -- Peter Park

Wingnut

by Wingnut

Back to Lemond please... :wink:

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

stella-azzurra

by stella-azzurra

timmers wrote:Only just seen question. 38cm. My thoughts are that narrowing hand position causes pinching of nerves in shoulder joints. Interested to read that Boonen is now on narrower bars 42 outside.

Utter BS.
Narrower bars are stiffer, offer less flex and are theoretically lighter therefore work well on the track for those short efforts and some sprinters like them for guess what?

As far as ergonomics go isn't it ideal and logical to match your bar width closely to your shoulder width?
Of course some people will go into the extreme to try things out but eventually end up going to where it should be where things are balanced.