Rapha's aftersales service

Questions about bike hire abroad and everything light bike related. No off-topic chat please

Moderators: robbosmans, Moderator Team

InoxEPS

by InoxEPS

Good evening,this is a good weekend.
I just wanna share my bad experience in one of the biggest cycling apparel company - ‪#‎Rapha‬.

#Rapha Customer service ( Asia ) is to help his own company, not to help the customer to solve the issue.
" To reject the customer,do not first say, "This is company policy."
Sales is not a race but a marathon. Win win themselves more important than others. Not saying that how much you love your own company's products, this is only fool yourself.

This is regarding an after sales warranty service experience.Rapha has the worst reputation for the lowest standards of online customer service.

The #Rapha Customer Service Manager tries to close more sales again from a different angle.He is smart but I ain't stupid.
To reject the customer,do not first say, "This is company policy."

The bike industry is sick and hiring more "dumb & dumber". Some companies ( example: #Rapha ) claim to have the best warranty & highest standard in the business but most manufacturers today offer "discount voucher" for your next purchase.They are just trying to offer another discount off for to buy more of their products.It really doesn't sound like a warranty service.

"This warranty service doesn't acknowledges their mistake".

They are using the same "Old Turkey Buzzard" tricks.

#Rapha I don't accept your apology & offer.
" I might have been born at night but I wasn't born yesterday! "

The Truth • Found out someone fear of losing out (to someone else) especially the manager from #Rapha Asia.

Why are so many managers in cycling industry useless as leaders? Are they really that weak? Selfishly and politically to protect their position and advance to the next level, they don't care about their existing customers.Some of the most useless managers actually wear adult diapers a.k.a. love-scorned astronaut suit. Is "manager" now a bullshit job?

“A powerful brand with a dysfunctional couture and horrendous HR practice.... but oh, the riding!”

In phone conversation with the customer service,they said that I abused their brand ( you abused Rapha brand ) and I almost answer him swear words in Cantonese.

Those guys @#Rapha customer service department ( especially for Asia ), they are intelligent boys but no common sense,dishonorable, unscrupulous & monopolizing...

In fact, #Rapha customer support team went out of their way to solve the problem with the existing customer but they pretend it's the silent night, nothing happened. It just like you going to the toy store, pressing the "Try Me" button on a toy and it won't stop...So you just awkwardly walk away like nothing happened holding your balls.

gravity

by gravity

Can you tell us what exactly happened? Bad mouthing a brand with strong followings without even telling the whole case isnt making it convincing at all..

disclaimer: i only own 1 Rapha jersey which was bought on a massive discount.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

InoxEPS

by InoxEPS

A bike company's sexist marketing campaign has female cyclists outraged but not the dumper marketing manager from "kiasu" country & the customer service manager from somewhere in Asia. It’s no surprise, therefore, that a principal perception of ‪#‎Rapha‬ is that it is too aspiration and only entertain the warranty service for the wealthy.

ultimobici
in the industry

by ultimobici

But you still have not said anything about the actual problem you wanted resolved in the first place. What happened? From the beginning please?

sychen

by sychen

Interesting we have a rant with no story. I had my fair share of bad customer service stories but not from rapha. Dealt only with rapha Australia and they were terrific so can't say for HK. I had loose threads on the seems of my bib shorts after one wear from multiple locations. Even though bought on sale... They refunded me the full retail with a voucher after I sent it in.

They may suck in Asia for service but without knowing what happened we just see someone slandering a company.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

InoxEPS

by InoxEPS

1) The customer service *name removed upon request* ( Rapha ) said that my Rapha Randonnee shorts were purchase from at an unofficial retailer was bought in a Flea Market. ( because I can't provide him "proof of purchase" )

2) I need a warranty replacement service, I do not accept their offer "discount voucher" for my next purchase because I am not going to buy more of their products.They are just trying to offer another discount off for to buy more of their products.It really doesn't sound like a warranty service.They encourage you to buy more.

3) I feel that their warranty service doesn't acknowledges their mistake at all.

4) Let say it another way,if I purchase 1000 items from any CC or Pop Up,is that I suppose to keep all 1000 receipts in a safety box ?

5) How can a customer service from miles away able to judge my Rapha Randonnee shorts are not genuine ? ( oh I'm dying of laughing )

6) If you don't have the orange juice,you can offer your customer an apple juice. How can you offer your existing customer a 20% discount to purchase another apple juice ? am I right ? does that make sense ?

Rodrego Hernandez

by Rodrego Hernandez

InoxEPS wrote:1) The customer service *name removed upon request* ( Rapha ) said that my Rapha Randonnee shorts were purchase from at an unofficial retailer was bought in a Flea Market. ( because I can't provide him "proof of purchase" )

2) I need a warranty replacement service, I do not accept their offer "discount voucher" for my next purchase because I am not going to buy more of their products.They are just trying to offer another discount off for to buy more of their products.It really doesn't sound like a warranty service.They encourage you to buy more.

3) I feel that their warranty service doesn't acknowledges their mistake at all.

4) Let say it another way,if I purchase 1000 items from any CC or Pop Up,is that I suppose to keep all 1000 receipts in a safety box ?

5) How can a customer service from miles away able to judge my Rapha Randonnee shorts are not genuine ? ( oh I'm dying of laughing )

6) If you don't have the orange juice,you can offer your customer an apple juice. How can you offer your existing customer a 20% discount to purchase another apple juice ? am I right ? does that make sense ?

Take it back to the place you bought it from. That is who you have a contract with, not Rapha.

nismosr

by nismosr

InoxEPS wrote:1) The customer service *name removed upon request* ( Rapha ) said that my Rapha Randonnee shorts were purchase from at an unofficial retailer was bought in a Flea Market. ( because I can't provide him "proof of purchase" )

guess the answer to your rant is no 1, since you can't provide a proof of purchase it might be a fake and you did not purchase it from Rapha.cc.
2020 Colnago C64 Mapei-SR12 EPS-WTO 60
2021 Basso Diamante SV-SR12 Disc EPS-WTO 60
2023 Colnago G3X-SRAM AXS Force-Levante

InoxEPS

by InoxEPS

....is a present from a friend that he bought from Cycle Club Sydney,and he don't gave me the receipt ( or maybe he lost it ) and just a Rondannee shorts is that I need to buy an air ticket fly to Cycle Club Sydney for warranty service/claim ? So,what is the online customer service for ? I did show them few photos of the Rondannee shorts, don't tell me they don't know its genuine or fake :)

Frankie - B
Admin - In the industry

by Frankie - B

If that is the case, I think one of you (it takes two to tango) has made a decision, that he or she is not willing to turn back because of angst for a loss of face. Be bigger then this. Call them offer to start over again and be humble, nobody wants to speak to someone acting like they are better then the other. be it the after sales person at rapha or you. Get on the same level, maybe apologize for what you feel is not your fault and move past this. I'm pretty sure that you can find a way out.
'Tape was made to wrap your GF's gifts, NOT hold a freakin tire on.'
If you want to see 'meh' content of me and my bike you can follow my life in pictures here!

nathanong87
Resident master of GIF

by nathanong87

InoxEPS wrote:....is a present from a friend that he bought from Cycle Club Sydney,and he don't gave me the receipt ( or maybe he lost it ) and just a Rondannee shorts is that I need to buy an air ticket fly to Cycle Club Sydney for warranty service/claim ? So,what is the online customer service for ? I did show them few photos of the Rondannee shorts, don't tell me they don't know its genuine or fake :)

they could even be original, but some claims do not transfer between owners. Buying something on ebay that's real, might not allow you to receive all benefits of warranty or service.

ultyguy

by ultyguy

I've found their service to be exemplary to be honest. It's a huge plus that for Switzerland they sort out the import duties and what you see (price) is what you end up paying and they also take care of shipping/duty refund costs as well.

InoxEPS

by InoxEPS

ultyguy wrote:I've found their service to be exemplary to be honest. It's a huge plus that for Switzerland they sort out the import duties and what you see (price) is what you end up paying and they also take care of shipping/duty refund costs as well.

"some" yes, but "some" no depends handle by which marketing manager/customer service manager :)

InoxEPS

by InoxEPS

nathanong87 wrote:
InoxEPS wrote:....is a present from a friend that he bought from Cycle Club Sydney,and he don't gave me the receipt ( or maybe he lost it ) and just a Rondannee shorts is that I need to buy an air ticket fly to Cycle Club Sydney for warranty service/claim ? So,what is the online customer service for ? I did show them few photos of the Rondannee shorts, don't tell me they don't know its genuine or fake :)

they could even be original, but some claims do not transfer between owners. Buying something on ebay that's real, might not allow you to receive all benefits of warranty or service.

Simple,they doesn't acknowledges their genuine products & mistake. This is an old fashion way to do more sales.

InoxEPS

by InoxEPS

Frankie - B wrote:If that is the case, I think one of you (it takes two to tango) has made a decision, that he or she is not willing to turn back because of angst for a loss of face. Be bigger then this. Call them offer to start over again and be humble, nobody wants to speak to someone acting like they are better then the other. be it the after sales person at rapha or you. Get on the same level, maybe apologize for what you feel is not your fault and move past this. I'm pretty sure that you can find a way out.

Those guys #‎Rapha‬ customer service department, they are intelligent boys but no common sense.
By the way,the so called marketing manager for Asia. He knew that my Rodannee is 100% genuine and I never purchase any counterfiet but he is helping his company,not customer at all. Why ? He get his salary from Rapha, not from me :) fear of losing out.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com