Vasectomy Advice

Questions about bike hire abroad and everything light bike related. No off-topic chat please

Moderators: robbosmans, Moderator Team

kulivontot

by kulivontot

Clubagreenie wrote:http://imgur.com/a/mgume" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

Goddamnit.

Clubagreenie

by Clubagreenie

Getting kicked in the balls is worse than child birth ..... ask any man ifvhe wants to be booted in the balls and how many times .....
Ask a woman how many kids she wants ....
2012 KUOTA KOM Team Edition Campag SR11 .....My mistress
2012 RIDLEY HELIUM being built up ....

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Powerful Pete
Location: Lima, Peru and the Washington DC area - it's complicated.

by Powerful Pete

Ok guys. Let's get this thread back on topic or it will be locked. No need for blood and gore or "which pain is worse".
Road bike: Cervelo R3, Campagnolo Chorus/Record mix...
Supercommuter: Jamis Renegade...
Oldie but goodie: De Rosa Professional Slx, Campagnolo C-Record...
And you can call me Macktastik Honey Pete Kicks, thank you.

ghisallo2003

by ghisallo2003

I did not talk about pain, but risk.

It is irresponsible to present the horror story as anything other than a rare event. Guys reading this thread should, and will, make their own decision, but for every man with bollocks the size of a melon there are 99+ guys who had relatively pain free procedures, were back on the bike within 7-14 days, and have an effective, easy contraceptive method.

Clubagreenie

by Clubagreenie

Oh for sure ... I only post it to show the other end of the scale ... not to gross out ...obviously every one will make an informed decision for themselves.
2012 KUOTA KOM Team Edition Campag SR11 .....My mistress
2012 RIDLEY HELIUM being built up ....

jfranci3

by jfranci3

Back from the dead. Just got snipped last week. No "pain" but some discomfort sitting in my office chair in work pants. Feels like one of my berries is stuck in the wrong spot and some discomfort above the waterworks on my abdominal wall. Hopefully, this is just from things getting displaced.

Anyway... any tips for knowing when I'm ready to get active again?

PJCM

by PJCM

I don't know if there is any medical risk in resuming riding too soon. For me it was just being comfortable enough to do so.

I could do short rides after 10 days, was mildly uncomfortable for a few more days and then fine.

Maybe hop on the bike when the discomfort has eased a bit and see if its bearable. I tested myself on the indoor trainer first so I could opt out quickly.

jfranci3

by jfranci3

I have a set of rollers coming in tomorrow. Maybe I can recover from two injuries at once.

nickf

by nickf

Got mine set for mid January. Next cycling event is about a month later. So hoping to be back to easy spinning a week or so later. Calendar is clear for a month after the procedure so their are no temptations or excuses to get back on the bike earlier then needed.

Had a buddy do 6 gap century in Georgia 3 weeks after his. We warned him to take it easy, he was just fine though.

jfranci3

by jfranci3

The tugging on the cords seems to be taking a bigger toll on me than anything else. I was wearing semi-tight undies, but have switched to proper tighties. I recommend you do the same; maybe even wear your bibs. Take the full week of work from home too to keep the swelling down.

nd2rc

by nd2rc

Did it years ago, i believe i waited at least 10 days before riding again. So glad i got it taken care of. Like someone else mentioned, if you have that kind of wife, she'll reward you for getting a fun gun!

nickf

by nickf

Just had mine done last Tuesday. Doc said to wait till my follow up appointment this coming Tuesday before riding again. So 12 days off the bike, I take vacations longer then that so I'm not stressing about my fitness. I'm at 4 days since the procedure and I'm in no pain at all. No swelling, nothing at this point. But I am taking it easy and not overdoing it. Only the day after was i sore with just the tiniest bit of swelling. Totally worth it to get her off those pills.

jfranci3

by jfranci3

It took about 10 days for things to feel better. Sitting in work/dress pants was not great. Wear tight undies.