Will Armstrong confess??

Questions about bike hire abroad and everything light bike related. No off-topic chat please

Moderators: robbosmans, Moderator Team

swinter

by swinter

+1 to mellowjohnny and mec287

majklnajt wrote:Is he trying to cut the ban with "doping only until 2005" (like others BTW) and hoping that USADA reduces lifetime ban to 8 years (like mentioned by Tygart), starting with 2005.

Seems like he's concerned about the statute of limitations; he's only admitting to stuff on which the clock has already run. Hence the "I didn't blood dope in 2009 or 2010" which, frankly, I do not believe.
"I can't understand why people are frightened by new ideas. I'm frightened of old ones." -- John Cage

http://weightweenies.starbike.com/phpBB ... 928#126928

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

HammerTime2
Location: Wherever there's a mountain beckoning to be climbed

by HammerTime2

I'll tell you what would be nice - if Oprah were to get the benefit of feedback from part 1 of the interview, and re-interview Armstrong for a part 2, and then show that. But would the psychopath, sociopath, or as the nyvelocity guy said, perhaps they need to name a new disorder to properly describe him, ever agree to it?

Perhaps the thread title should be changed to "Will Armstrong confess to any criminal offense not beyond the statute of limitations"?

HammerTime2

by HammerTime2

Betsy Andreu wasn't too thrilled with Lance's interview, to put it mildly. Here's the video of her being interviewed after the Oprah thing last night.
http://cnnpressroom.blogs.cnn.com/2013/01/17/videoac360-exclusive-betsy-andreu-s-first-reaction-to-armstrongoprah-invu/

Pharmstrong

by Pharmstrong

Or, get someone to interview him who won't let him wriggle out of giving hard answers, whose main reason isn't to 'unearth' a sob story to pedal advertising space.

Btw, as a foreigner who watched the stream on oprah.com, what sort of adverts were they showing every 5 minutes?

swinter

by swinter

I like Betsy. The truth-telling and the righteous anger are very compelling. (The blouse not so much.)
"I can't understand why people are frightened by new ideas. I'm frightened of old ones." -- John Cage

HammerTime2

by HammerTime2

A longer interview with Betsy starting at 9:06 of http://live.huffingtonpost.com/r/segment/lance-armstrong/50f716072b8c2a2164000347. This is with the Huffington Post.

Betsy said that Lance was genuine in his 40 minute phone call with her, but not in the Oprah interview.

djconnel

by djconnel

swinter wrote:Seems like he's concerned about the statute of limitations; he's only admitting to stuff on which the clock has already run. Hence the "I didn't blood dope in 2009 or 2010" which, frankly, I do not believe.

Belief doesn't have anything to do with it.

airwise

by airwise

lordconqueror wrote:So what is left to discuss tonight?

Crumptons?

UpFromOne

by UpFromOne

damn charts. must have been from someone else & mislabeled... :lol:

too bad we won't hear any comments on his acting abilities from the DOJ, at least not soon

tymon_tm

by tymon_tm

one question: how the hell has Oprah become this zillion dollar tv celeb? she was so lame in this interview it hurt my ears. 'how did you feel about this', 'how did you feel about that'. wow, srsly?

i've also noticed (actually like a decade or so ago) Lance isn't exactly fluent with words. he's definitely better than, lets say, Beckham, but listening him answering questions can be really tormenting. in that particular one he sounded like he didn't think it through, no lawyers, no strategy, just some lame "yeah i did dope, but nope, i'm a really nice, stand-up guy you know". "i did call her a bitch and a whore, sued her fat a$$, but we're friends. yup, we are". from the moment he declared he won't speak about others, it was clear nothing exciting's gonna happen. gotta be one of the worst interviews ever.. and a lost opportunity to really make a difference.. i'm really disappointed
kkibbler wrote: WW remembers.

swinter

by swinter

lordconqueror wrote:So what is left to discuss tonight?

how much his family has suffered. (get your gag response ready.)

+1 dj. USADA had the goods on him on '09 & '10. There's no real question.

I have to say that the worse thing about the interview is the way he's protecting UCI. McQuaid's response makes that pretty clear. USADA is not going to reduce the ban based on this crap.

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/01/19/sports/cycling/those-wronged-by-lance-armstrong-see-little-right-in-interview.html?hp&_r=0

Rick

by Rick

Oprah was wearing one of Lance's Yellow Jerseys under her sweater ?

HammerTime2

by HammerTime2

Hey jerk, they forced you out of Livestrong. Admit it. Just like you forced people who wouldn't dope off your team.

HammerTime2

by HammerTime2

"I <the new Lance who's talking to you, Oprah, right now> don't like that guy <the old Lance, i.e., the Lance of the SCA deposition.>" He's still there, but I'm committed to going through the process to get rid of him."

Give me a break, jerkface!!

"Do I have remorse? Absolutely, and it will grow." Hey, you know what you can do with your remorse buddy.

"Frankie, Betsy, Greg, Tyler, Floyd, Emma. I own them apologies. Whenever they're ready, I will give them." So Armstrong is waiting until they're ready before apologizing?

Sorry swinter and DJ, you're wrong about the doping in 2009-2010. We now know that Lance did not dope or use blood transfusions in 2009-2010 because he promised his ex-wife Kristin he wouldn't, and he wouldn't break that promise. Sorry, Lance's solemn promise to his ex-wife, and his assurance that he kept it, beats those stupid graphs any day.

Well, the interview broadcast is over now. I used to think the guy is a real jerk. I now realize how charitable I was being in that assessment.
Last edited by HammerTime2 on Sat Jan 19, 2013 4:38 am, edited 1 time in total.

monkeyburger

by monkeyburger

...and The Truth shall set you free...

Halleluja! Praise the lord and pass the Hot Sauce! :roll:

I wonder if the Feds will be as givin-and-forgivin as Oprah in their assessment (the second time around) of 'Ol LA's shenanigans?
...finding my inner Onoda-kun...

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com