Will Armstrong confess??

Questions about bike hire abroad and everything light bike related. No off-topic chat please

Moderators: robbosmans, Moderator Team

J-Nice

by J-Nice

swinter wrote:
edesigner wrote:The first person he owe's a big apology to is Greg Lemond. I hope Lemond gets some of the lawyer fees he had to pay out fighting Lance's attacks.

And the Andreus. And Emma O'Reilly. And Bassons. And this guy: http://www.outsideonline.com/outdoor-adventure/biking/road-biking/My-Life-With-Lance-Armstrong.html

Let's not forget Simeoni. It wasn't enough for Armstrong to humiliate him at the Tour in front of the whole world by chasing him down in a meaningless breakaway just so he wouldn't get the chance to win a stage, something that may not have meant anything to Armstrong but would have been a career-changing event in the life of a rider like Simeoni.

But he purposely made one of the dirtiest backroom deals ever in cycling with the Giro D'Italia organizer to keep Simeoni and his Italian-based team out of their most lucrative race, their own home Tour.

So Artray, when you keep repeating that Armstrong didn't do anything any other doper did, you speak only for yourself. The rest of us aren't that stupid, willfully ignorant or so in love with Armstrong that we don't see the truth.

When someone goes to such lengths to protect and make excuses for the persona of such a malignant and vile creature such as Armstrong, it speaks volumes for their ethics and morals as well. Artray. You may want to check that in light of what's coming down the pike for your boy.

When the truth finally comes out about everything, and I mean the whole truth, I wonder how you'll feel about Armstrong having utilized the same mechanical motor system that Cancellara used at the 2010 Tour of Flanders. I wonder what sort of nonsense you'll spew in an attempt to excuse that sort of behavior by Armstrong.
Check out the latest controversies in sport-

http://berzin.blogspot.com/

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

dynaserve

by dynaserve

Fully on board with you there J-Nice - Great stuff... Until that last paragraph?

Miller

by Miller

Yeah, I was feeling in agreement with that post until I got to the bit about the mechanical motor, something of a 'whoah!' moment there.

swinter

by swinter

Does anyone remember the John Stewart bit about LA having jets implanted in his a$$?

http://www.thedailyshow.com/watch/thu-august-25-2005/intro---lance-armstrong

And all this time I thought he was joking.
"I can't understand why people are frightened by new ideas. I'm frightened of old ones." -- John Cage

http://weightweenies.starbike.com/phpBB ... 928#126928

artray

by artray

sawyer , j-nice and co . I never mentioned Wiggo or anyone. I was talking about the doping culture that has always been part of cycling , nothing else :unbelievable:
I never said anything out of turn whatsoever . It seems your LA obsessed hatred as sent you down the wrong road reguarding my post . Feel free to apologise .

peace and love :thumbup:

Tapeworm

by Tapeworm

J-Nice wrote:When the truth finally comes out about everything, and I mean the whole truth, I wonder how you'll feel about Armstrong having utilized the same mechanical motor system that Cancellara used at the 2010 Tour of Flanders. I wonder what sort of nonsense you'll spew in an attempt to excuse that sort of behavior by Armstrong.

Some good detective work there J-Nice, be sure to submit your work to the relevant authorities, they will be impressed by your relentless pursuit of the truth. I think I speak for every single person on this forum that without you Armstrong would have never been brought to justice. Keep up the good work champ. The future of cycling is relying on you, and you alone. Without you busting those chops...well the prospects for cycling are dim.
"Physiology is all just propaganda and lies... all waiting to be disproven by the next study."
"I'm not a real doctor; But I am a real worm; I am an actual worm." - TMBG

elSid

by elSid

Artray: "I was talking about the doping culture that has always been part of cycling , nothing else : unbelievable:"

Nobody disputes that doping has long been a part of pro cycling culture.

Artray: "It seems your LA obsessed hatred as sent you down the wrong road reguarding my post . Feel free to apologise ."

As I post this, you have the highest post frequency of the thread (6).

artray

by artray

elSid. you obviously have nothing worthwhile to say .
Still waiting for apologys :popcorn:

Tapeworm , you nailed that one :thumbup: that was funny and just a little bit evil , great stuff :thumbup:

Mr.Gib

by Mr.Gib

The part about the motor was facetious obviously. :roll:
wheelsONfire wrote: When we ride disc brakes the whole deal of braking is just like a leaving a fart. It happens and then it's over. Nothing planned and nothing to get nervous for.

shoopdawoop

by shoopdawoop

Is this the new best armstrong defense?! Write all the thing he really did and then a few outlandish claims that make people invalidate the other things :roll:

I really hope Armstrong confesses because I do think he was an amazing cyclist and was really enjoying watching him wreck up the tri scene; it let me bash my tri friends by saying, "our old best is kicking your current bests asses!" I would also be really interested just to hear it from his perspective and try and get some insight into the mind of the ultimate egomaniac narcissistic competitor! Reading the secret race by Hamilton was so interesting, all the crazy plans and such were fascinating and I would love to hear the ones that Lance kept to himself!

J-Nice

by J-Nice

More on your hero. You guys must be so proud. Every day he gives us more and more ammunition-

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-18563_162-5 ... ng-agency/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Check out the latest controversies in sport-

http://berzin.blogspot.com/

Mr.Gib

by Mr.Gib

shoopdawoop wrote: was really enjoying watching him wreck up the tri scene; it let me bash my tri friends

I am with you on this. There really is nothing better than hassling a triathlete. I still don't understand why they crash so much. :P And has anyone ever ridden a bike in a Speedo? It's un-American if you ask me.
wheelsONfire wrote: When we ride disc brakes the whole deal of braking is just like a leaving a fart. It happens and then it's over. Nothing planned and nothing to get nervous for.

HammerTime2
Location: Wherever there's a mountain beckoning to be climbed

by HammerTime2

J-Nice wrote:http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-18563_162-57562781/armstrong-offered-large-donation-to-doping-agency/
Speculation in http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/i-team/lance-offered-six-figure-donation-usada-article-1.1235928 that Armstrong put out feelers on admitting guilt in response to finding out about the forthcoming 60 Minutes Sports story mentioned in the J-Nice link. As to the reliability of these sources and journalists?

SolidSnake03

by SolidSnake03

Mr.Gib wrote:
shoopdawoop wrote: was really enjoying watching him wreck up the tri scene; it let me bash my tri friends

I am with you on this. There really is nothing better than hassling a triathlete. I still don't understand why they crash so much. :P And has anyone ever ridden a bike in a Speedo? It's un-American if you ask me.

I would argue that NOT riding a bike in a speedo would be un-American. I can think of few things that scream 'Merica more than an American Flag Speedo on a Trek Bike covered in Livestrong stickers while you drink some Gatorade from a water bottle zip tied to your saddle
Looks like I made a new 90 Proof friend

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Tapeworm

by Tapeworm

J-Nice wrote:More on your hero. You guys must be so proud. Every day he gives us more and more ammunition-

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-18563_162-5 ... ng-agency/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Wow, I don't know how you manage to uncover this secret info J-Nice.

Amazing, you have the best sources to get the inside line on a story like this. It's not like you can just google this stuff. Keep up those investigations and your campaign. Only you can keep cycling clean.
"Physiology is all just propaganda and lies... all waiting to be disproven by the next study."
"I'm not a real doctor; But I am a real worm; I am an actual worm." - TMBG