Will Armstrong confess??

Questions about bike hire abroad and everything light bike related. No off-topic chat please

Moderators: robbosmans, Moderator Team

el condor

by el condor

Time will tell--> http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/is-lanc ... confession" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

artray

by artray

Well I have been pondering this for ,,,oh oh I just saw a squirrel

el condor

by el condor

It would be best for all involved, and would be a great start in the world of cycling for the 2013.

LeePaton

by LeePaton

Nah he wont.

SolidSnake03

by SolidSnake03

Confessing would require him to swallow some of his pride so to speak which I highly doubt he is capable of therefore, no.

Personally I think it would be interesting if he did and named names in the process bringing about a bunch of people getting the boot that might still be lingering around cycling however, doubt it.
Looks like I made a new 90 Proof friend

HammerTime2
Location: Wherever there's a mountain beckoning to be climbed

by HammerTime2

Forget about Armstrong, I'd like to see Verbruggen and McQuaid confess.

spud

by spud

maybe if Armstrong confesses, the other V&M dominoes will fall. It would be interesting if someone could keep track of their communications to see if they are pressuring Armstrong to keep his mouth shut.

djconnel

by djconnel

HammerTime2 wrote:I'd like to see Verbruggen and McQuaid confess.

I don't care about confession; I just want to see resignation.

LouisN

by LouisN

LA will do exactly what the people he hired told him to do...

Louis :)

btompkins0112

by btompkins0112

Armstrong isn't the biggest fish in this pond.....guarantee there are people that are supporting him financially and he can't bite the hands that feed him.

worstshotever

by worstshotever

A straight up confession would carry significant civil (and possibly criminal) exposure. I'm skeptical.

artray

by artray

Have to agree with worstshotever . They could not charge LA in a criminal court . Typratt got him the only way he could and thus gave cycling another kick in the ass. There are quite a few heads that should roll if you want to be fair and not just string up LA . Lets not forget all those doped riders who have still managed to hold on to there tour victorys and olympic medals. Its all a load of double standard kak .
:beerchug:

tymon_tm

by tymon_tm

it would only make any real difference if he went out to say EXACTLY what happend:

-when he started to use drugs
-who introduced him to doping, assisted and advised him on drug treatment at certain levels of his career
-who supplied him with drugs and treatment
-how his bosses, team managers, coaches and sponsors (assuming they all must've known) felt about it and how they enouraged/discouraged him about doping
-tell and describe, with as many names as possible, the 'encouraging atmosphere' in the pro cycling as whole to dope in order to be at the very least competitive in the euro scene (that is, at the stage where he was submitted to it rather than being a 'pusher' himself)
-tell everything about the infamous donation. perhaps he could shed some more light on officials' real stand towards doping
-and please name all the people involved in pro cycling, cyclists, coaches, masseurs, that he 'knows' doped. like 'i rode along XXXX and he admitted to blood transfusion'

probably a press conference wouldn't be enough to tell it all, so maybe another book with Sally? i'd buy it
kkibbler wrote: WW remembers.

Straff

by Straff

tymon_tm wrote:probably a press conference wouldn't be enough to tell it all, so maybe another book with Sally? i'd buy it

I trust you are being silly :lol: I wouldn't believe a recipe for toast written by Sally Jenkins. She is part of the problem, not the solution.
----------------------------------------------
Opinions expressed herein are merely personal. Especially the words.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

djm

by djm

If he confesses it will be fairly irrelevant and I won't really care. Why care? He's been done for years and has done some pretty idiotic and bad things for cycling, hurting it for many, many years to come.