Will Armstrong confess??

Questions about bike hire abroad and everything light bike related. No off-topic chat please

Moderators: robbosmans, Moderator Team

Enda Marron

by Enda Marron

Lies Damned lies and statistics
He doped FULL STOP
As did all of the top half of the Pro Peleton,
I think that Tyler Hamilton summed it up in his school boy analogy...
Those who scored A' and B's doped whilst the C's and D's were "Panegua"
The problem with Armstrong is that he put himself on the High Moral Ground,
He villified those who were caught and those who spoke their minds, he also made lots of money
On the back of his renaissaince and worst of all he actively hunted down the people who told the truth when asked (Emma O' Reilly)
I was deeply disappointed about Meseuw, Basso etc etc etc but what the hell it was A. "A level playing field" and B they still had to put in the graft
But they did not have a pop at anyone else and regardless of the usual denials and pitiful excuses and "crapology" they took it on the chin and appeared to be contrite
Armstrong revealed himself to be the arrogant Americian WANKER that he is
What Would his mate George Bush Do with him?

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

HammerTime2
Location: Wherever there's a mountain beckoning to be climbed

by HammerTime2

First he is stripped of 7 TdF titles.

Now the question is, should Armstrong be stripped of his more than 150 Strava KOMs?
http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2013-02-05/armstrong-maintains-strava-presence-as-cyclists-seek-online-ban.html

swinter

by swinter

HammerTime2 wrote:Now the question is, should Armstrong be stripped of his more than 150 Strava KOMs?

OK, now it's getting fun :thumbup:
"I can't understand why people are frightened by new ideas. I'm frightened of old ones." -- John Cage

http://weightweenies.starbike.com/phpBB ... 928#126928

HillRPete

by HillRPete

HammerTime2 wrote:Now the question is, should Armstrong be stripped of his more than 150 Strava KOMs?

I can sense a petition :mrgreen:

sawyer

by sawyer

wassertreter wrote:

I can sense a petition :mrgreen:

Good idea!

I'm pretty sure faced with the loss of a few tens of thousands of users, Strava will expunge the cheating liar
----------------------------------------
Stiff, Light, Aero - Pick Three!! :thumbup:

ultyguy

by ultyguy

HammerTime2

by HammerTime2

utlyguy, not sure if you're joking or not. But just in case, we've been through this before:
http://303cycling.com/boulder-commuter-receives-2-year-ban#comment-9043 wrote:In case there is any confusion...
Submitted by Kris Thompson on Fri, 07/20/2012 - 11:41.

This story is made up. Happy Friday.... Notice the category we assigned this too.. it's Friday Fun.
Note that Kris Thompson is the article author.

ms6073

by ms6073

Enda Marron wrote:The problem with Armstrong is that he put himself on the High Moral Ground, he vilified those who were caught and those who spoke their minds, he also made lots of money on the back of his renaissance and worst of all he actively hunted down the people who told the truth when asked (Emma O' Reilly)
Sounds a lot like the characteristics of a sociopath!
- Michael
"People should stop expecting normal from me... seriously, we all know it's never going to happen"

ultyguy

by ultyguy

I know it's a joke, as is the idea of petitioning him off Strava....or is that just a joke ;) :beerchug:

stella-azzurra

by stella-azzurra

HammerTime2 wrote:First he is stripped of 7 TdF titles.

Now the question is, should Armstrong be stripped of his more than 150 Strava KOMs?
http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2013-02-05/armstrong-maintains-strava-presence-as-cyclists-seek-online-ban.html

Kinda of dumb when you think about it. In reality he'd beat 98% of strava cyclists without being on the juice and the outcome would be the same. The other 2% are pro's that might use strava.
I never took drugs to improve my performance at any time. I will be willing to stick my finger into a polygraph test if anyone with big media pull wants to take issue. If you buy a signed poster now it will not be tarnished later. --Graeme Obree

ultyguy

by ultyguy

Kinda amusing going back and reading stuff like this...
http://www.cyclingweekly.co.uk/archive/ ... -pros.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
By Dr Jamie Pringle

9-Aug-2006
"These riders will be sustaining a power output between 450 to 475W (6 to 6.6W/kg). At speeds of 50kph-plus and in a race of this duration, each 10 seconds faster requires about 8W more power, so at face value, this means a difference between Armstrong’s and Ullrich’s sustainable power of about 50W! Could he really have been a whole 10 per cent fitter than all his major competitors? I think not — the difference in their physiological capabilities is probably not as great as that time margin suggests.

That is, I suspect Armstrong has optimised every single aspect of his equipment and body position to generate more speed for his power compared to Ullrich. Little gains in speed here and there really do add up — optimising the weave and cut of the rider’s skinsuit can save up to a second each kilometre — that’s perhaps 20 seconds of the margin between these two.

Last year, Armstrong’s physiologist Professor Ed Coyle, gave us an insight into the progression of fitness across Armstrong’s career (Coyle 2005, J. Appl. Physiol.; 98: 2191-6). Coyle reported VO2 max values ranging from 5.5 to 6L/min which is 76 to 83mL/kg/min when this value is expressed relative to the rider’s body weight. Although no figures are reported for Armstrong at the peak of his powers, Coyle commented that he would expect a VO2 max of 6.1L/min or 85mL/kg/min at the time of his Tour wins.

But I contend even that has to be a considerable underestimate of Armstrong’s capacity, as Coyle’s numbers don’t add up; in every test conducted in the previous two years, Hutchinson has generated VO2 max values in excess of this.

.........I’ve suggested here that Armstrong can find some 20-60W more than our top Commonwealth riders (and most of his competitors in that 2005 prologue). We also know that every watt requires oxygen to produce and, even with Armstrong’s efficiency, this extra output will still ‘cost’ him around 0.6L/min of VO2.

This suggests that Armstrong would have required a VO2 max of about 6.7 L/min at Grand Tour fitness. At his racing weight this is about 93mL/kg/min, which not only exceeds the highest values ever published for cyclists, but nudges firmly against the ceiling of physiological ability as we know it. Increases beyond this are beyond the highest capacity of the heart, lungs and circulation of a normal man of equivalent size. It is unlikely we’ll see anything like this again any time soon."

I hope you're right....

motorthings

by motorthings

looks like he might testify to USADA after all...fwiw
http://abcnews.go.com/US/lance-armstrong-testify-oath-doping/story?id=18425241

HammerTime2

by HammerTime2

Will Armstrong pay back the $12 million to SCA Promotions? Armstrong's lawyer says no. Supposedly, SCA Promotions has now sued Armstrong for the $12 million.

USA Today article wrote:What's next? Herman <Armstrong's attorney> said Armstrong plans to make a "positive impact" in much the same way he has with Livestrong, the charity he founded to support cancer survivors.
I'd like to find out more about this "positive" impact.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

stella-azzurra

by stella-azzurra

Well if his lawyers are good he won't payback a dime. Although the lawyers have already taken that money.
I never took drugs to improve my performance at any time. I will be willing to stick my finger into a polygraph test if anyone with big media pull wants to take issue. If you buy a signed poster now it will not be tarnished later. --Graeme Obree