need some help in louisville

Questions about bike hire abroad and everything light bike related. No off-topic chat please

Moderators: robbosmans, Moderator Team

simon
Resident Pro

by simon

hey guys!
want to help a fellow weightweenie out a bit?we'll arrive january 24 in louisville(2 riders, rest of the swiss team a week later), and i'm struggling with bringing all my stuff to the states. if some of you have 2 wheelsets that we could ride on the road(clincher, shimano cassette, cantis(we're from the old world so we don't have discs yet))...would be huge if we could borrow them for the 10 days we spend there. doesn't have to be anything special, it's just we need to take so many cross tub wheels with us, we don't really have space for road clinchers...
would be cool if someone could provide some help or a contact to a cool shop where we could borrow or rent something.
many thanks!!!
simon

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

DividedVolta

by DividedVolta

I'm from a neighboring city, so I can't give you the best help. But, there is a shop a bit outside of Louisville that may be willing to help out. The owner a good guy and loves cross, so he may be able to work something out with you. Again, I'm not sure, but it can't hurt to drop him a line and see if you all can work anything out.

Tom is the name of the owner.

http://www.bikesonmain.com/

Goodluck!

JN2Wheels

by JN2Wheels

Simon. I second the recommendation of getting in touch with Tom. His shop sponsors my team. He goes above and beyond everyday for us, and for the local scene.

Also, I live about 2 km from downtown and the worlds venue. I have one (very basic shimano RS-80 wheelset) available. No tires. And will check with the rest of my guys for another. Feel free to PM with questions, or if you need a guide for some solid road rides. Would love to show you around.

Welcome in advance to Louisville!