New Garmin Edge 810 and 510

Questions about bike hire abroad and everything light bike related. No off-topic chat please

Moderators: robbosmans, Moderator Team

53x12

by 53x12

drmutley wrote:

I used live tracking on a 1:20hr ride and it used 50% of the 510 battery... HR and power meter also in use...connected via BT to an iPhone 5. Used 10% of the iPhone battery...

That battery usage isn't normal imo. My 1:30 ride uses 10-12% with live tracking + ANT + BT.
"Marginal gains are the only gains when all that's left to gain is in the margins."

Calnago
In Memoriam

by Calnago

Hmm... I've not even seen the new 810 yet as I've been satisfied with my 800. However, the Power ON button on my 800 is not working properly and I'm about to send it in to have fixed. Wondering, if they give me the option to "upgrade" to the 810, versus have the 800 fixed (out of warranty), if it's worth it. Seems like there's still quite a few issues with the 810. Don't care about live recording as friends would be able to track just how long my breaks really are :).
Colnago C64 - The Naked Build; Colnago C60 - PR99; Trek Koppenberg - Where Emonda and Domane Meet;
Unlinked Builds (searchable): Colnago C59 - 5 Years Later; Trek Emonda SL Campagnolo SR; Special Colnago EPQ

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

rheosibal

by rheosibal

I keep reading about power reading issues with the 510 and the 810. Does anyone have experience with these issues and do you know if they have been fixed?
Instagram: joserheo

|| Mosaic RT-1 || Cannondale Evo || Cannondale CAAD10 ||

petal666

by petal666

Not experiencing any issue on 810 and Quarq

genesis692

by genesis692

rheosibal wrote:I keep reading about power reading issues with the 510 and the 810. Does anyone have experience with these issues and do you know if they have been fixed?

This was happening when the 510 & 810 were first released but the issues have since been resolved with the subsequent firmware updates.

weekapaugin

by weekapaugin

Is anyone experiencing any issues with the latest iOS app update from a few weeks ago? Ever since I updated the app, it sometimes wont stay connected to the computer, sometimes when I open the app all of my recent rides are there, but when I pull down to update the activity list they all go away, sometimes when I click on the activity the app crashes and closes, and even when it works "fine" and uploads my most recent ride to the app, it wont upload the ride to actual garmin connect, and this latest version of the app doesn't really allow you to force it to upload either.

I've tried restarting the phone, closing the app, etc., at this point I'm thinking I need to revert to the previous update somehow. Any suggestions?

Edit: this is with the 510, that is also running the latest software.

FIJIGabe

by FIJIGabe

the new ios app is a bit buggy. Mine keeps redownloading all the rides on my garmin connect profile, which is obnoxious, because it slows down the upload of my new ride. However, if i shut down all the apps on my iphone and restart it and the Garmin, they connect and everything returns to normal.

markyboy

by markyboy

Got caught in a rain storm last week and now when I go to upload my 510 it says malfunction device not recognised and so cant up load nothing :twisted:
I have tried lots of things but still the same,now going to have to call garmin and ask them whats wrong,its only 6 months old.
any info would be welcome :beerchug:
Colnago arabesque campagnolo super record 12
Colnago c64
Cinelli zydeco grx di2

markyboy

by markyboy

All sorted now the connection was damp,i thought it was water proof :(
Colnago arabesque campagnolo super record 12
Colnago c64
Cinelli zydeco grx di2