Bike-proof iphone: case recommendations

Questions about bike hire abroad and everything light bike related. No off-topic chat please

Moderators: robbosmans, Moderator Team

oreoboreo

by oreoboreo

Actually Ziplock makes a smaller bag called "snack size" the Iphone and most androids fit well. With the smaller bag the phone fits snug so that you can actually view your phone without unzipping it. Rain proof, sweat proof, crashproof no.
Let's finish the ride with a 20% grade.

2011 Scott Addict R1 DA 7900 Matt black
2012 Scott CR1 Pro Ultegra 6700
2015 Specialized SWorks Tarmac Da 9000
2016 Specialized SWorks Tarmac DA 9100

Auk

by Auk

The LifeProof cases are incredible. Impact resistant and able to be submerged under water without damage to the phone.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

KWalker

by KWalker

otter box and a sandwich bag on my iphone
Don't take me too seriously. The only person that doesn't hate Froome.
Gramz
Failed Custom Bike

nlouthan

by nlouthan

teleguy57

by teleguy57

I have used the jerseybins for a while and used to be a fan, but over time they ended up tearing at the end of the zip mechanism because my Incredible and Otterbox case is a somewhat tight fit (but not such a tight fit that it shouldn't work). They replaced one for me, but I'd rather find something that didn't need replacing. I have a [url]Pack Animal case http://www.donkeylabel.com/products/Acc ... al-46.aspx" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;[/url] on my Christmas list....

veloflyte
in the industry

by veloflyte

I've been giving great consideration as to an appropriate iphone mount for bicycle handlebars. I'm not sure if making it water resistant or water proof is logical. The iphone is so susceptible to water damage, it would seem almost suicidal to take it on a ride where one thought it might rain. It seems more logical to create a mount that is sleek and attractive, with numerous nice features instead of focusing on water resistance which would make any mount very bulky. What are your opinions...??

I'll have an updated carbon fiber GArmin GPS computer mount available very soon. My earlier versions were just not aesthetically acceptable.

kervelo

by kervelo

Purchased aLoksak bags for my phone. Three for 8 euros.

http://www.loksak.com/products/aloksak

jodiety11

by jodiety11

Thanks. That's what I need.
The first sigh of love is the last of wisdom. Yeah, wish it would be a nice day tomorrow. I will get a custom iphone case.

jedijeck

by jedijeck

Yeah, Ziploc baggie. Cheap and cheerful!
Dedacciai Scuro RS - For Sale (frame & fork)
Greg Lemond Maillot Jaune Columbus TSX
Merlin Extralight
Santa Cruz Tazmon

metal

by metal

Somewhat revelant. This review was linked from overclockers au. Thought I might chuck it up here as well.

http://www.megatechnews.com/megatech-re ... martphone/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Although, it would make any bike into a freaks topic bike :P