My fit - new video page 4

Questions about bike hire abroad and everything light bike related. No off-topic chat please

Moderators: robbosmans, Moderator Team

will102

by will102

Hi here is a video of my bike fit as it is at the moment. Any critique/advice would be greatly appreciated!

Cheers

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4aJ3oiva ... e=youtu.be" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Last edited by will102 on Sun Sep 08, 2013 4:02 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Geoff

by Geoff

I would say that your position looks generally pretty good. I wonder if your saddle is slightly low and your bars slightly high.

I think you would get better engagement if you raised your saddle slightly. Without seeing the position of your leg at the bottom of the stroke in a still, it is hard to tell how much. I would like to see your position without the spacers.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

will102

by will102

Here is a screen shot of the video. Don't know if that helps?
Attachments
Screen shot 2012-11-22 at 13.28.52.jpg

btompkins0112

by btompkins0112

I echo Geoff's sentiments that a slight saddle lift and a slammed stem would give you a really nice position.

artray

by artray

Agree with above but also maybe you could try to move your seat back a tiny bit . Adjust seat hight first though.

ave

by ave

If you feel confortable in this position then don't touch it.

will102

by will102

Yeah doesn't feel too bad at the moment so only looking to perhaps make minor changes. Only bad thing at the moment is nns, saddle is arione

btompkins0112

by btompkins0112

NNS cannot be completely blamed on the saddle. My thought is your rather upright riding position and possibly setback (or lack thereof) is more to blame.

will102

by will102

Hey, thanks for the reply. Not sure i completely understand this, i would have thought that a lower position would place more pressure on the soft tissues?

Cheers

critracer26

by critracer26

What is nns.

btompkins0112

by btompkins0112

will102 wrote:Hey, thanks for the reply. Not sure i completely understand this, i would have thought that a lower position would place more pressure on the soft tissues?

Cheers

A too upright position puts too much weight over the saddle. You want to be low enough that the weight is balanced over your feet, not your junk.

NNS = Numb Nuts Syndrome

thisisatest
Shop Owner

by thisisatest

My 2cents: saddle is low. Saddle looks set too far back, but that may be an illusion created by the low saddle.
NNS with an arione, I suspect you're gonna have to change saddles. I'm big on the SMP saddles right now, but they don't allow you to change positions too much. Steve Hogg's website has some good insight on them.

euan

by euan

Looks like your ass is hanging off the back of the saddle so definitely too low

Kasparz

by Kasparz

Work in gym to strenghten your spine and drop your handlebar some 10cm lower.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

hasbeen

by hasbeen

I am a little surprised that everyone thinks the saddle is too low! I think it looks pretty good and actually there might be a leg length issue w/the left leg being shorter. If the saddle goes higher we might be asking for knee and/or low back issues.
I do agree that the front end can come down.
I wouldnt make any definitive suggestions without being able to watch in person especially considering what I think I saw.
Just wanted to chime in before another person made mistakes because of a forum fit.
Casati Vola SLi and Dolan Preffisio
viewtopic.php?f=10&t=108931" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;"
btompkins0112 wrote:
It has the H2 geo......one step racier than a hybrid bike