Riding with pros

Questions about bike hire abroad and everything light bike related. No off-topic chat please

Moderators: robbosmans, Moderator Team

itsacarr

by itsacarr

You must be talking about Gavin Chilcott - always fit and notoriously fast descender. Nice guy. I believe he rode for 7/11 if im not mistaken.

-edit-

re-read your post and think you were referring to finding out after that it was Jim! - it's late here on the East - regardless Gavin is fast and a co-owner as well :)
Just ride ..

de zwarten

by de zwarten

That's me during the Paris-Roubaix recon 2012, trying to keep up with the pace of the BMC squad. It was fun.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

mallorcajeff

by mallorcajeff

last year here in mallorca i was riding back from the trofeo palma and ended up riding the full length of the island with radioshack team including the schlek brothers, and then we caught up the BMC team including Cadel. Great experience and very quick!

nathanong87
Resident master of GIF

by nathanong87

nice! thanks for sharing

AGW

by AGW

jmilliron wrote:Ha! No. I didn't know who the older guy riding next to me in the full BMC kit on the BMC TeamMachine was at the time. Asked him if he was a super fan of BMC or somehow involved in the team. Told me he was the co-owner and manager. Whoops.

Dude is still damn strong on the bike.

I had nearly the exact same exchange with Gord Frasier a few months ago when he passed me going up Mt. Lemmon in full Competitive Cyclist kit. I had no idea he was DS.

duz10s

by duz10s

Rode with Cadel and Koen de Kort from Argos on Sunday in a corporate event.

Koen de Kort is an awesome guy, would be a lot of fun
2015 RCA with Di2

SpoonMan

by SpoonMan

jmilliron wrote:Ha! No. I didn't know who the older guy riding next to me in the full BMC kit on the BMC TeamMachine was at the time. Asked him if he was a super fan of BMC or somehow involved in the team. Told me he was the co-owner and manager. Whoops.

Dude is still damn strong on the bike.

Had a similar exchange a couple of years ago with a Phil Anderson organised group ride here in Adelaide:
"Who's the middle aged knob in the full Sky outfit - Pinarello and all?"
Guy next to me says "No idea. Thinks he's pretty special though."

Sean Yates is entitled to think he's special. And he's actually a good bloke.
2011 Scott Addict R3 (DA groupset, Tune Skyline RR wheelset, Rotor 52/36 Q-Rings)
2008 Giant Trinity A1 (cheapass 50mm carbon clinchers)
No easy road goes anywhere worth going