SKS Racebade mudguards

Questions about bike hire abroad and everything light bike related. No off-topic chat please

Moderators: robbosmans, Moderator Team

Mr.Gib

by Mr.Gib

xnavalav8r wrote:This is the fender set you want. http://www.crudproducts.com/products/roadracer/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

But not if you are training in a group on wet roads. Those flimsy plastic fenders bounce around and rarely stay centered. Fine if you are on your own but not cool with 30 guys behind you.

Too many try to skimp on winter fenders in the hope of saving some energy. Suck it up and mount some proper fenders with extensions nearly to the ground. Use P clips, plastic cable ties, electrical tape to protect the frame and get serious. Better yet get a dedicated winter bike if you can afford it and ride the crap out it.
wheelsONfire wrote: When we ride disc brakes the whole deal of braking is just like a leaving a fart. It happens and then it's over. Nothing planned and nothing to get nervous for.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

kervelo

by kervelo

...Those flimsy plastic fenders bounce around and rarely stay centered...

Actually the roadracers are not that bad, if properly mounted. The mk2 model is better than the first version and offers better coverage.

For me the only real problem with roadracers is that they do not fit to my Cervelo S1 bad-weather-bike. The fenders require at least 5 mm space between the tyre and the fork (front) or brake bridge (rear) for installation: my bike has less than that, even with standard 23mm Conti GP 4000S tyres.

Mr.Gib

by Mr.Gib

Well there's your problem. No way an aero bike, especially a Cervelo will ever make an adequate winter bike. Just not enough clearance. Now that I think of it, no way most aero bikes will make a good choice for a recreational rider regardless of conditions. Just take a Cervelo S5 over some fresh chip seal and you'll see what I mean.

And my recommendation for any bike where a fit is a possibility is SKS Chromoplastic. Very good quality.
wheelsONfire wrote: When we ride disc brakes the whole deal of braking is just like a leaving a fart. It happens and then it's over. Nothing planned and nothing to get nervous for.

rodebaron51

by rodebaron51

I am very happy with my SKS shockblade set front and rear.
MTB blades... bit off topic, but wanted to share my experiences...

They just do the job perfect with good looks and relative low weight.
Easy to clip on / off as well.

And the service of SKS;

3 days ago I broke my front blade... must have been fragile due to cold.
Mailed SKS... without issue they are going to send me a replacement!

Thats what I call SERVICE!
Pascal

2012 Colnago C59 MTBK Camapgnolo Hyperon Ultra 2 and Campi SR11
2014 Merida Big 99 CF team fully
2015 Pinarello F8 Sky Campagnolo Bora Utra 2 and Campi SR11 EPS (RIP after crash)
2016 Trek Mad-One Limited Team Edition