Leg warmers without silicon band at the top

Questions about bike hire abroad and everything light bike related. No off-topic chat please

Moderators: robbosmans, Moderator Team

sfo423

by sfo423

Anyone got a tip on full length leg warmers that don't have silicone bands at the top? I love the way Defeet designed their arm skins (no bands, just simple compression) but they don't make full length leg warmers.

Anyone?

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

wingguy

by wingguy

Assos.

audiophilitis

by audiophilitis

Maybe the newer Assos. I have the old version which has the elastic/silicone band.

micky

by micky

In my previous team I was given some leg warmers from a local brand with no silicon band at the top and....it kept going down (if you know what I mean). :?

wingguy

by wingguy

audiophilitis wrote:Maybe the newer Assos. I have the old version which has the elastic/silicone band.

Assos leg warmers.

Guerdi

by Guerdi

Defeet makes leg warmers the same way they make their arm warmers.

Item 4501

uraqt

by uraqt

Guerdi,

Can you provide more, info, this has never been on their web site? Their wool products are the cream of the crop!!!

C

Guerdi

by Guerdi

You're right, they are not listed on their website, which is very strange.

Actually I don't have additional infos on these, I saw them in a japanese store (y's road). They may be a japan exclusive product for now.

sfo423

by sfo423

Guerdi wrote:You're right, they are not listed on their website, which is very strange.

Actually I don't have additional infos on these, I saw them in a japanese store (y's road). They may be a japan exclusive product for now.

I asked Defeet about these:

Those are real. We did a custom leg warmer for that particular company in Japan.

We don't have any plans to do them again, but I will pass along your interest in leg warmers!

Guerdi

by Guerdi

sfo423 - :thumbup:

uraqt

by uraqt

I email Defeet too!! Hopefully they will start making them!!!

I tried to by them from y's road, but the web site is all pix not text so google can translate it... : (

C

PS I really wanted them in wool too, that pix is their Coolmax material..

Guerdi

by Guerdi

It seems you can't buy directly from y's road unfortunately.

A better choice would be rakuten, which is a kind of ebay full of japan only goods.

There is (or was rather) a pair of those Defeet leg warmers, but they are sold out. You could try to e-mail the seller, maybe he has more in stock.

Here's the link : http://global.rakuten.com/en/store/spoke-seya/item/miz_defeet_leg_warmer/

It is the coolmax version though, not sure if there is a merino wool version even exists.

Guerdi

by Guerdi

Oh yeah I forgot to mention that the nalini pro "crossandra" model is very similar to the defeets.

No silicon band at the top, a kind of a natural (brushed fabric) feel. I like them very much, but they are rather short.

I have them in size M (I usually take S). The fit is perfect as they don't go down but they are very short alas.

I bought them on bobshop (http://www.bobshop.de/en/Men-s/Arm-Leg-Knee-Warmers/Leg-Warmers/Nalini-Pro-Seamless-Leg-Warmers-Crossandra.html).

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

fio
in the industry

by fio

Went for the first ride in my newly acquired Assos S7 leg warmers today and I have to say that they are brilliant. I too had issues with other warmers having a silicon band at the top, and these Assos ones are far and away better than anything else I have tried. Anatomically they are perfect, with no bunching behind the knee at all. I definitely recommend them.