Armstrong now riding Crumpton

Questions about bike hire abroad and everything light bike related. No off-topic chat please

Moderators: robbosmans, Moderator Team

tymon_tm

by tymon_tm

that, or he's simply bored riding the same bike for nearly 15 years.

as for the fittest 40 y.o. category - this guy comes to mind: http://www2011.laurent-jalabert.com/
kkibbler wrote: WW remembers.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

ticou

by ticou

Can someone post a picture of a Crumpton? I'll get a camera one day.........

stella-azzurra

by stella-azzurra

I never took drugs to improve my performance at any time. I will be willing to stick my finger into a polygraph test if anyone with big media pull wants to take issue. If you buy a signed poster now it will not be tarnished later. --Graeme Obree

artray

by artray

Most people will not know what bike he his riding . As long as it does not say Trek . He still owns some of Trek so wants to keep the damage limitation going . You cannot start picking Armstrongs fit apart because he doped, you will be picking on quite a lot of pro riders if thats your criteria. Doped or not Armstrong is one hell of a bike rider.

jmilliron

by jmilliron

Frame probably wasn't built for him. I assume he's borrowing it.
2013 Wilier Cento1 SR || 2009 Ridley Crossbow || 2011 Yeti AS-R 5 Carbon

stella-azzurra

by stella-azzurra

I never took drugs to improve my performance at any time. I will be willing to stick my finger into a polygraph test if anyone with big media pull wants to take issue. If you buy a signed poster now it will not be tarnished later. --Graeme Obree

konky

by konky

Doped or not Armstrong is one hell of a bike rider.[/quote]

Yes not only was Lance a major doper, major supplier of dope and also not a very nice person, but I still think he was the most talented and focused rider of his generation. Possibly one of the most remarkable athletes in any discipline.

ticou

by ticou

stella-azzurra wrote:Here you go http://www.crumptoncycles.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Many thanks fellow Campisconolo devotee, and I hope you weathered the storm OK.

sawyer

by sawyer

They look like a pair of (professional) sportif riders. Managed to escape the wife and kids for a joyless weekend in Exmoor or somewhere. Upright position - check, black socks - check (for Lance), milkbottle legs - check (for the dork in the foreground). Lance has even got the stealth bike asthetic teenage boys dream of (though I'm sure it's a great frame ...)
----------------------------------------
Stiff, Light, Aero - Pick Three!! :thumbup:

jmilliron

by jmilliron

Mamils.
2013 Wilier Cento1 SR || 2009 Ridley Crossbow || 2011 Yeti AS-R 5 Carbon

HammerTime2
Location: Wherever there's a mountain beckoning to be climbed

by HammerTime2

Mamil ,ha, ha. Here's what comes up when you google Mamil

Lance and the other guy have a ways to go yet.

strobbekoen

by strobbekoen

If you put someone on the ignore list for posts, does that include the topics this person creates ?
Just wondering.. seems not like that.

Franklin

by Franklin

konky wrote:Lance obviously likes big frames. As we know he's a big guy with long legs yet riding with not too much seat tube showing. That bike doesn't seem to fit him too well.

I'm not exactly enthusiastic about the guy, but critisizing his bike fit is idiotic. He simply has a more traditional (1980's) fit, which isn't that odd considering when he started being a pro we still only had traditional frames. And on that still I don't see the problem, hardly a freak....

And yeah, I'm biased considering I started racing in 85 and still use traditional frames you guys would say are too big :mrgreen:

Also, I understand the scepsis here, but isn't it rather likely the guy likes to ride a bike and bought the best? :noidea:

elviento

by elviento

Actually for level top tubed bikes, the amount of seatpost shown was mostly fine. Note the unusually thick San Marco.

Or maybe I am getting old. :D :noidea:
Attachments
tourdelance2.jpg
6900848_f520.jpg
5900.jpg
Trek_MadoneSL01.jpg
Fast falcons: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j3mTPEuFcWk" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
www.falcobike.com
Facebook: falcobikeglobal

artray

by artray

Nice slam stem on the pirates bike :thumbup:

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com