One for the Germans - Bike Hire In Berlin?

Questions about bike hire abroad and everything light bike related. No off-topic chat please

Moderators: robbosmans, Moderator Team

LardLover

by LardLover

My mate and I are off to Berlin next September, he's got a handcyclists place in the marathon (paralysed after a motorcycling accident - now avid handcyclist).

As he'll need someone to give him a hand to transport and rebuild his handcycle after arriving I've got the place as his pit-bitch.

Anyway, I'd really like to hire a decent bike whilst there so that I can cycle out to various points on the course to give him some support. And as we're there for a day either side I though we might be able to get a ride in round the city or further afield (handcycle friendly route advice would be required!).

Any German WW's out there that can help with advice etc?

Many thanks in advance.

Schnice :cool:

Sjoerd

by Sjoerd

Not German, but I speak the language and I've been to Berlin a dozen times. My girlfriend studied there for 6 months. We love the city. So much in fact that we are going again for a week, leaving this saturday. I promise to keep my eyes open while I'm there and write down adresses if I come across anything interesting. It is a very bicycle-friendly city. What kind of bike are you looking for? Does it have to be a race bike? Based on your reply I'll do some Google-ing for you and post the links. My guess is there many options, you only have to choose one.

Things you need to know...a bicycle in German is a "fahrrad" and hiring is "vermietung" or "vermieten."

And concerning routes: might want to take a guided tour, for instance http://www.fahrradstation.com/fahrradst ... 6/cat/77/1" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

They rent bikes as well!

Anyway, let me know and I will be in touch with more information.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Sjoerd

by Sjoerd

Did a quick search on gpsies.com for cycling routes in Berlin. I got 250 hits so there must be something out there for you guys, if you have GPS. For some reason I cannot paste the list-link.