First aid kit

Questions about bike hire abroad and everything light bike related. No off-topic chat please

Moderators: robbosmans, Moderator Team

thasle

by thasle

Hi,
I have a friend that works for a company that sells first aid equipment, he asked me if I thought a first aid kit to bring out on your bike was a good idea.
What would make you bring it out on your bike? Obviously it would have to fit one of the jersey pockets, but what should it contain?

shoopdawoop

by shoopdawoop

I think what might be nice would be a race day kit, something to keep in the back of the car that is tailored to cycling. Put some wash in it for road rash, chamois cream, gauss, stuff like that. Might be nice after races or group rides, when you have some little scrapes, to be able to patch yourself up.

A kit that you take out on rides though doesnt seem practical unless you are riding across the country or something like that; too many things take priority in my pockets and (if I have one) my saddle bag over a first aid kit.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

HammerTime2
Location: Wherever there's a mountain beckoning to be climbed

by HammerTime2

You can easily carry a couple of band-aids with you - they're light. 8)

artray

by artray

I just follow ambulances .

Dalai

by Dalai

shoopdawoop wrote:I think what might be nice would be a race day kit, something to keep in the back of the car that is tailored to cycling. Put some wash in it for road rash, chamois cream, gauss, stuff like that. Might be nice after races or group rides, when you have some little scrapes, to be able to patch yourself up.

Possibly some Mefix and Tubular net too...

swinter

by swinter

Brave soldier makes one: http://www.bravesoldier.com/crash-paks.php

They may want to take a look at that.

I keep it in my training bag or the sag wagon for long trips, but don't usually carry it on me on the bike.
"I can't understand why people are frightened by new ideas. I'm frightened of old ones." -- John Cage

http://weightweenies.starbike.com/phpBB ... 928#126928

Tapeworm

by Tapeworm

I usually carry very little on me but keep more in the car especially on mtb rides. On me - couple of bandages, tourniquets, CPR mask and gloves does the trick on the bike. In the car - LOTS of trauma bandages, tourniquets, splints, ventilator bag, etc. Leatherman at all times.
"Physiology is all just propaganda and lies... all waiting to be disproven by the next study."
"I'm not a real doctor; But I am a real worm; I am an actual worm." - TMBG

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com