Support Paul Kimmage

Questions about bike hire abroad and everything light bike related. No off-topic chat please

Moderators: robbosmans, Moderator Team

tranzformer

by tranzformer

maquisard wrote:Believe Tyler, Floyd Fairness Fund, Support Kimmage...

No thanks.

Well said sir. Well said. Unfortunately some are blinded and unable to see the truth. Kimmage the cheat doesn't need my money. Let the sheep throw their money away.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

2002SaecoReplica

by 2002SaecoReplica

tranzformer wrote:
maquisard wrote:Believe Tyler, Floyd Fairness Fund, Support Kimmage...

No thanks.

Well said sir. Well said. Unfortunately some are blinded and unable to see the truth. Kimmage the cheat doesn't need my money. Let the sheep throw their money away.

- Zipp rims will break if you look at them too hard
- R-Sys wheels will spontaneously explode
- The ZG crankset will never, ever exist
- Everyone needs Lightweights, even if they're fat and old
- Parts actually made of metal are SO 10 years ago

53x12

by 53x12

^ 2002SaecoReplica, you should know better.

Frankie - B wrote:We have welcomed a lot of new members in the last few months. which is great in it's own way, but it always come with influences on the climate of the board. One of the things that seems to be a trend that is 'coming and going' is using the quote button when typing a reply. I have found a good example and while I don't want to ridicule members i think it is good to show it.
It is the following. in this topic AddictR1 asks a question and Prendrefeu replies to him. All perfectly normal I hear you say. correct indeed, but what happens next is the most intriguing part. AddictR1 now quotes Prendrefeu and writes his reply under it.

please use the quote button for the special occasion such as reacting to a post 2 or more posts up on the page. This way the forms are easier to read and take less time for the moderators to clean.

many thanks in advance,

The moderators.

viewtopic.php?f=14&t=104377
"Marginal gains are the only gains when all that's left to gain is in the margins."

HammerTime2
Location: Wherever there's a mountain beckoning to be climbed

by HammerTime2

Press release: UCI takes decisive action in wake of Lance Armstrong affair wrote:Finally, while continuing strongly to maintain the merits of UCI’s case, the Committee decided to seek to suspend the UCI legal action against journalist Paul Kimmage, pending the findings of the independent Commission. UCI President Pat McQuaid and Honorary President Hein Verbruggen who are individual parties to the case will similarly seek to put their cases on hold.

swinter

by swinter

Good news, and on multiple fronts. I am curious to see who gets appointed to this commission.
"I can't understand why people are frightened by new ideas. I'm frightened of old ones." -- John Cage

http://weightweenies.starbike.com/phpBB ... 928#126928

KB

by KB

Swinter - Agree. Maybe people are beginning to see the light (the UCI). Get Verbruggen out to start with because most of the nonsense started on his patch. Personally I think he's worse than McQuaid.

swinter

by swinter

"I can't understand why people are frightened by new ideas. I'm frightened of old ones." -- John Cage

HammerTime2
Location: Wherever there's a mountain beckoning to be climbed

by HammerTime2

Tapeworm

by Tapeworm

Tapeworm wrote:I couldn't readily find the information so here are some questions:-

1) who actually controls this fund?
2) what happens to the funds should the action against Kimmage be withdrawn?
3) what happens to the funds should they not all be used?
4) who decides what funds pay for what? Is it only legal fees?

For those that weren't aware seems the answer to my questions from a while back were:-
1) A dodgy bastard.
2) they get embezzled.
3) See 2.
4) See 1.

For reference:-
http://www.bicycling.com/news/featured- ... d?page=0,0" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Seems all, including Kimmage were taken for a ride, he did get some funds at least.

Apologies if this has been covered earlier, but I hadn't seen anything of it of late.
"Physiology is all just propaganda and lies... all waiting to be disproven by the next study."
"I'm not a real doctor; But I am a real worm; I am an actual worm." - TMBG

Liggero

by Liggero

i regret funding this guy. i sent just 5€ i think. won't get it back though. won't send any money to any kind of cause never again. thank you kimmage.
Happy Trails !!!

swinter

by swinter

thx tapeworm for posting that link.

I have to admit I am distressed by how things turned out given that I was the one who started this thread. my apologies.

that said, I assumed that Andy Shen and NY Velocity (who started the whole thing along with Leslie Cohen) were upstanding folks. I didn't foresee them handing it over to this con man, Brown, at Cyclismas. nor would I have guessed that Cohen was so clueless that instead of setting up a special account for the Fund, she just put all the money directly into the Cyclismas business Paypal account. (She's going to have a hard time explaining that one to the IRS. Sheesh! Didn't she realize that once she gave her social security number to Paypal they were required by law to report it to the IRS?)

seems we were set up by a fool and delivered into the hands of a flim-flam man.

if I read the article correctly, at least Kimmage got $23,000 from the Fund to pay the lawyers for some of their work on the bogus UCI suit.

Tapeworm

by Tapeworm

I don't think anyone, including Brown, actually foresaw how this would pan out... well apart from me cuz, you know, I'm psychic :lol:

I think a combination of factors probably led to him swindling the money, and the fact some decent amount of money did reach Kimmage means it wasn't a wash.

But yeah, having come across this sort of thing before I would simply urge caution for donation to any charitable fund or the like as to who actually controls it, and the parameters of that control.

Will be interesting to see what happens with the matter in the months/years to come.
"Physiology is all just propaganda and lies... all waiting to be disproven by the next study."
"I'm not a real doctor; But I am a real worm; I am an actual worm." - TMBG

mattyb95

by mattyb95

I'd seen on Twitter from Leslie Cohen that Brown via his attorney has apparently rejected the Kimmage Fund donor proposal for neutral escrow and will not communicate with donors on issue. Seems like this is going to run and run.

swinter

by swinter

Tapeworm wrote:I don't think anyone, including Brown, actually foresaw how this would pan out... I think a combination of factors probably led to him swindling the money

From the Bicycling story -- and the latest from mattyb95 above -- it sounds like Brown is a classic con man. Did he plan this? Probably not. But given his track record, he's clearly not an honest man.

I'm betting he ends up in jail for one or another of his shenanigans. I think the technical legal term for what he's doing is "fraud."

Someone should suggest to Cohen and Kimmage that it's time to file criminal charges.

MattSoutherden

by MattSoutherden

But how on earth could they fund such an undertaking. Lawyers are not cheap.

:-|
Snacking on carrot sticks - Where did it all go so wrong?
-
Finsbury Park CC

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com