2013 Giro - Galibier stage confirmed (!?)

Questions about bike hire abroad and everything light bike related. No off-topic chat please

Moderators: robbosmans, Moderator Team

HammerTime2
Location: Wherever there's a mountain beckoning to be climbed

by HammerTime2

Hendrix was on a level playing field with all the other musicians who took PEDs.

Rick

by Rick

HammerTime2 wrote:Hendrix was on a level playing field with all the other musicians who took PEDs.

The "level playing field" argument has been completely discredited. How will we ever know who was really the greatest guitar player of that era ? Even Andre Segovia was caught taking cold medication before a performance once.
Their music was not really as good as it sounds. :unbelievable:

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Steve_W

by Steve_W

What are our thoughts regarding the giro going over the galibier.....?

sawyer

by sawyer

VNTech wrote:On the other subject, disliking a rider for being a doper is completely separate from enjoying their style, and enjoying watching them race. In their time, those performances were mesmerizing. That I see them differently now does not change how I remember seeing them then.

I get the point, but it's impossible to completely seperate them. Had he not doped no doubt we wouldn't be talking about him, complimenting his style etc, and there would be no tribute stages (the irony).
----------------------------------------
Stiff, Light, Aero - Pick Three!! :thumbup:

sawyer

by sawyer

stella-azzurra wrote:
djconnel wrote: I couldn't even lift it!

In reality each one of them tried to keep up with their competition so that maybe they can keep their job for next years contract. You guys keep forgetting that pro cycling is a job that a cyclist makes his living at it. They do not ride for fun. It's not fun and games. It may seem that way but it really is not.

It's a job and sport. It cannot sensibly be the former without being the latter. And sport is meaningless without rules.

Yours, from the overstuffed sofa etc.
----------------------------------------
Stiff, Light, Aero - Pick Three!! :thumbup: