Your goals for next season.

Questions about bike hire abroad and everything light bike related. No off-topic chat please

Moderators: robbosmans, Moderator Team

Tinea Pedis

by Tinea Pedis

Roobay wrote:and get me Crumpton or a Baum frame

Have a couple of the latter, would love a former. Very nicely done carbon.

Kasparz - that sort of power should turn a few heads! :shock:

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Jameslee92

by Jameslee92

By the end of next year I want to have won as many Tour de France's as Lance Armstrong.

AGW

by AGW

I still have 2 months to go in this season and I feel like I'm barely going to make it. It's been a long year, a hot summer with a ton of miles, and school is kicking my ass again.

Next year, I'm hoping to cat up, do 2-3 hill climbs, and help out with a fall training camp that I'm having skip this year.

tinchy

by tinchy

JesseD wrote:
btompkins0112 wrote:
artray wrote:To win all 3 grand tours and have a threesome with bbc newsreaders Kate Silverton and Susanna Reid.

Haha! Same for me, except replace Kate and Susanna with Fox News anchors Megyn Kelly and Martha Maccallum.....

Funnily enough these were my goals last year which I achieved with some style! Well apart from winning the tours or sleeping with any of these ladies!

This year my goals are more realistic, I'm going to basically become Mario Cippolini!

Oh and get from 4th Cat to 2nd Cat racing in a season!

Very achievable and a reasonable goal too!

JesseD

by JesseD

you don't need to quote above post

I thought becoming Cipo was a reasonable goal too :wink:

4th - 2nd Cat should be relatively achievable, I am racing with a team next year and they have already said they will help me with this, there are some pretty handy riders there as well.

tinchy

by tinchy

I didnt quote the above post?!

Anyhow yes, 5 wins and your sorted.

That was for Jesse, not you :doh:

shoopdawoop

by shoopdawoop

Want to get up to 5.5watts/kg for threshold and go to the U-23 national championships. Should be a pretty good second season if I can get both of those done :thumbup:

Secondary goals would be to race on the track and to break the local TT course record.

Everyone seems to have some good goals, I especially liked, "Win as many tours as Lance," because that will be quite easy soon :lol:

hna

by hna

shoopdawoop wrote:Want to get up to 5.5watts/kg for threshold and go to the U-23 national championships.

What is your weight and wattage at the moment?

HammerTime2
Location: Wherever there's a mountain beckoning to be climbed

by HammerTime2

I think I can win the National Championships ... if I start my own country and am the only eligible rider. But I would never submit to the UCI as the overlord of my national federation, unless the UCI cleans house and sets on the path of righteousness. So my national championship might not be recognized by the UCI.

shoopdawoop

by shoopdawoop

hna wrote:
shoopdawoop wrote:Want to get up to 5.5watts/kg for threshold and go to the U-23 national championships.

What is your weight and wattage at the moment?

I weigh around 60 kgs but should be down to around 59 for the next racing season and have an ftp right now of around 305. I havent tested in awhile but I think the training is coming along nicely, two weeks into a big FTP block so I'm hoping to be up to 320 or 330 by the end of the year.

prendrefeu

by prendrefeu

My goal is simple:

Actually have a full riding season completing all of the events & races I've laid out in the calendar without succumbing to injury nor work overload impeding my goals.

Anything else is just cherries on top of desert.
Exp001 || Other projects in the works.

russianbear

by russianbear

Race everything. And cat up at least to cat 3 (cat 4 now).

dereksmalls

by dereksmalls

My first "race" of the season is coming up this Sunday. Not hoping for much other than to finish in the first bunch as I have had minimal training so far and hoping some last minute panic interval training is going to help me react to surges etc!

Machinenoise

by Machinenoise

I'll join the 5w/kg club! and attempt to maintain it! peaked into it twice this year but certainly not consistently there. Currently 4.9 w/kg thanks to moving house stress and 4 weeks of minimal training. Reckon I've got 4kg to shift before next season.

Main goal for next year is a '19' minute 10 mile TT, and a sub 53min 25mile TT. Top 5 at national student TT too?

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

jvanv8

by jvanv8

going up 2 categories is a good ambitious goal for some. Not only is it possible, but you can even go for 3 if you really are overqualified for Cat5/4.
AX Vial Evo: 4970g
Addict SL : 5235g
My Cycling Blog
Strava: Wayward Cyclist