Castelli SanRemo Speedsuit - Any Opinions?

Questions about bike hire abroad and everything light bike related. No off-topic chat please

Moderators: robbosmans, Moderator Team

nayr497

by nayr497

I'd love to try some Castelli bibs but I've never found/seen any that are just plain black. Too much going on for me.
A good day becomes a better day with a bicycle ride.

HUMP DIESEL

by HUMP DIESEL

The body paint bibs and the Inferno bibs I have are predominately black, especially the body paint. The only part on them that is not is the leg band area which is red.

HUMP
Why are the best things in life always the ones you start last?

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

xnavalav8r

by xnavalav8r

Hey guys. My friends at Verge Sport have developed an alternative to the San Remo speedsuit. Here is a sneak peak of it being put through its paces in wind tunnel testing. Bottom line, fits like a skinsuit with the convenience of jersey/bibs with form fitting, aero pockets.

http://www.vergesport.com/products/product/413

nathanong87
Resident master of GIF

by nathanong87

isnt that just a skinsuit with pockets. some companies already have this. The key to speed suit is the jersey opens like a jersey.

i bought a san remo speed suit thing to see what it was about, in medium (too big)... it seemed like a good piece though. I had bib tights with the same pad and it was comfy. Body paint really is minimalistic. If i would have found a size small for the same price i paid, i'd probably have a speed suit. The colorways kinda suck though.

coloclimber

by coloclimber

I got one and returned it after one ride. I really wanted to like it but the fabric bunched a lot on the tops of the legs. The top seemed comfortable and breathable.
-Deacon Doctor Colorado Slim

xnavalav8r

by xnavalav8r

The Verge Carrera suit is similar in that it has a fully separating zipper and is "detached" at the front... allowing it to be unzipped fully, just like a jersey. More photos when I have them.

spartan

by spartan

after position, clothing is more effective reducing drag than wheels/frame.

castelli new jersey is faster than last year san-remo suit..

http://castelli-cycling.com/en/products/detail/936/
Current Rides:

2023 Tarmac SL7 Di2 9270
ex 2019 S-works SL6
ex 2018 Trek Madone SLR Disc
ex 2016 Giant TCRAdvanced Sl
ex 2012 Trek Madone7

djm

by djm

190 cm and 77 kgs, I should've gone with the M, got the L. It is slightly roomy on the torso and the sleeves flap in the wind.

One design feature I cannot like about it; the pockets sit way too low. So low that when I wear a wind vest over it, the pockets are outside of the vest. It just looks a little stupid. Otherwise this is a great piece of kit. I got the 2.0 version at a 50 percent discount from Competitive Cyclist.

Best part of wearing it is when you open it fully for maximum ventilation and realize there are no bibs or excess fabric on the belly like there is with the typical bibshort. Instantly max cooling :-)

lippythelion

by lippythelion

I've just got the Sanremo 2.0 Speedsuit in white for £150 (down from £230) from Chain Reaction. I ordered a large & xl to try. I will keep the large because I've still got plenty of waist blubber to burn off. It really is a nice piece of kit, and while I've read reviews where it has been said that any body fat stands out when wearing this, I have found that the very tight fit keeps mine well hidden. Yes, unfortunately the pockets are positioned too low but time will tell if I can live with that, and the seatpad is what i'm used to from my Thermosuit & other pairs of bibshorts. I'll wear it this afternoon for a 2 hour ride if it stays dry :roll:

xnavalav8r

by xnavalav8r

A little more detail about the Verge carrera suit...

http://vergesport.com/download/Verge_Carrera_Suit_Article.pdf

nathanong87
Resident master of GIF

by nathanong87

better pix cool. That front zipper looks hella loose doe near the bottom.

caddis

by caddis

djm wrote:190 cm and 77 kgs, I should've gone with the M, got the L. It is slightly roomy on the torso and the sleeves flap in...

Maybe Castelli have changed the fit, because i'm 179 and 66 kg and the San Remo 3.0 - M is very good and tight fit, I don't think i could wear S without ripping the suit...

robro

by robro

Not sure which 'version' I have, but ordered a small as team kit for this year; I'm 175 cm and 60 kg. It's almost perfectly snug. Medium was clearly too big. Given the inability to size jersey and bibs separately it may not work for everyone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

xnavalav8r

by xnavalav8r

nathanong87 wrote:better pix cool. That front zipper looks hella loose doe near the bottom.

early prototype. I haven't tried one myself (yet) but am told the fit and finish are much improved.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com