New Cipollini Video

Questions about bike hire abroad and everything light bike related. No off-topic chat please

Moderators: robbosmans, Moderator Team

boysa

by boysa

stella-azzurra wrote:Check out the behind the scenes

How to descend by Mario Cipollini:

http://vimeo.com/48158576" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://vimeo.com/48158577" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Is it just me, or does that road surface look frightening!?!
"Deserve's got nothing to do with it." William Munny

HammerTime2
Location: Wherever there's a mountain beckoning to be climbed

by HammerTime2

Is it just me, or does he cut it pretty close with oncoming motor vehicles and cyclists?

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Franklin

by Franklin

HammerTime2 wrote:Is it just me, or does he cut it pretty close with oncoming motor vehicles and cyclists?

I'm sure his handling skills are the best, but he seemed to take some corners when he just couldn't know what was happening (unless they had someone in front who radioed him the traffic).

Sospiro

by Sospiro

It seems like the upcomming trafic is warned, because most cars are really close to the right side, while others even stand still.

ChristianB

by ChristianB

In the end of the first behind the scenes video you see the police at the end of the descent and in some shots you can also see the car with blinks in front of him, so the road was 'partially' closed. It seems though that he tries to ride it as beautiful as possible, making it look really goos, more than safe or efficient, which ofc makes perfect sense - and just add to the video

djconnel

by djconnel

The evil organization is led by a German and contains Chinese, which also happen to be primary competitors in the carbon fiber bike business. Americans, as well?

Good stuff.

And when I'm being chased by highly trained paramilitary commandos, I probably won't stop to find my helmet, either.

djconnel

by djconnel

Additionally, the bike looks pretty damn nice, I have to say... not weight weenie, for sure, but you have to admire on that front the honest weight ("1050 grams size medium without paint"). And the focus of the advertising isn't on climbing... do most customers really care that much if it takes them an extra 5 seconds to reach the top of a climb, versus spectacular handling?

wingguy

by wingguy

"but you have to admire on that front the honest weight ("1050 grams size medium without paint")"

Isn't that about what Pina said about the Dogma1?

Might want to weigh it first before deciding if it's honest :wink:

elviento

by elviento

Nice video! Hongfu certain can't do that.

The frame seems much more mainstream than the RB1000, or even, dare I say, common. I will take a DeRosa Proto or Cento1SR (or EVEN a Dogma2) instead.

BTW, the Lion King seemed a bit stiff as 007. He is probably most comfortable being his topless smoking self.
Attachments
tumblr_lfig6qxcX91qga534o1_500.jpg
Fast falcons: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j3mTPEuFcWk" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
www.falcobike.com
Facebook: falcobikeglobal

daj

by daj

I don't care about technology marketing mumbo jumbo, oversized this, oversized that, vertical compliance, lateral stiffness, high modulus carbon fibers, lightweight, aerodynamic, who cares?

I want a bike that screams emotion, that makes me feel alive when I look at it.

And damn it, the Cipollini has got it. I want one. No. I neeeeeed one! :beerchug:

HammerTime2

by HammerTime2

Ernesto doesn't give you wood like Mario does?

kgt

by kgt

I really appreciate all this made in Italy effort. BTW RB800 is my favorite model.

djconnel

by djconnel

wingguy wrote:"but you have to admire on that front the honest weight ("1050 grams size medium without paint")"

Isn't that about what Pina said about the Dogma1?

Might want to weigh it first before deciding if it's honest :wink:

Pina said 850 grams for Dogma, IIRC. There's a perceived psychological threshold @ 1 kg, so if you're going to lie, take it below that, and don't mention the "without paint" part.

Pinarello's gotten raked over the coals for their outrageous mass claims, so are under a lot of scrutiny. Yet here:
http://pinarello.com/eng/dogma65_carbon_850.php" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
you can see "920 grams for size medium raw frame". "Raw" = no paint or metal, just carbon tubes.

prendrefeu

by prendrefeu

Sadly, 920g is still much higher than a claimed 850g even if it is a cheated approach.
Exp001 || Other projects in the works.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

HammerTime2

by HammerTime2

It is a cheated approach. Don't forget that that includes 70 g worth of EPO, HGH, and testosterone - included at no extra charge!! Pina weighs their frames without paint. Cipo weighs them without the PEDs.