Great road bike for young child (5-7 yrs old)

Questions about bike hire abroad and everything light bike related. No off-topic chat please

Moderators: robbosmans, Moderator Team

xnavalav8r

by xnavalav8r

Many of you have seen the 20" road bike I built up for my son. For a while it seemed the maker, Piedrahita, had stopped making the frames available. Well, he's back on Ebay with a couple of the framesets for sale. One is an aluminum frame in the same "stars'n'stripes" motif I built up for my son. The other is a "classic" design that I actually like a lot. That one includes internal (brake) cable routing and lugged Columbus SL construction. I've been impressed with the one I built for my son and he absolutely loves it.

Here is the link. http://shop.ebay.com/jhair2004/m.html?_ ... ksid=p4340

If the moderators decide to remove the link, just drop me a PM and I'll send it to you.

Here is my son riding his...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mo-_vTe6Y6U

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

CarpetFibre

by CarpetFibre

Awesome, never seen one that small. Must've been difficult to find 20" road wheels?

Here's my 10 year old brother doing a time trial on his little bike. He loves it.

allezkmiec

by allezkmiec

Decent 20" road wheels aren't terribly hard to find, you just have to look at shops that sell recumbents! 20" is a quite common wheel size for recumbents. Not a huge selection, but it'll do!

xnavalav8r

by xnavalav8r

451mm BMX mini rims are pretty easy to find... 20x1 1/8 is standard. A Lot of companies make tires that are slick or have minimal tread... definitely road worthy. The rims are usually about 18-19mm wide. Pair those up with a decent set of hubs and you have a nice wheelset.

dmp

by dmp

Ted, I was going to forward that link to a friend who is looking for a road bike for his daughter, but I just checked and it is already gone. I guess his production line is rather short!

Overweight

by Overweight

xnavalav8r

by xnavalav8r

Yeah, it looks like both framesets he had for sale are gone. Sorry.

wymthg

by wymthg

Can anybody tell me where to get one of these? I have searched the web and can not find one to buy.

Are they stll sold?
Piedrahita 20" junior road bike.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

xnavalav8r

by xnavalav8r

Tough to find, but occasionally available on eBay. I learned about Culprit Bicycles today. They make a 20" road bike too. http://www.bikerumor.com/2012/08/18/cul ... more-47653

Check this thread...
viewtopic.php?f=14&t=85460