San Francisco bay area weenies

Questions about bike hire abroad and everything light bike related. No off-topic chat please

Moderators: robbosmans, Moderator Team

djconnel

by djconnel

jmilliron wrote:It's a shame but I pretty much only ride from my house.

Nice heat map.

Anyway, good thing about living in SF is I can ride up to Marin, ride or take Caltrain down to the Peninsula (and/or take Caltrain back), or take BART into the East Bay. You're sort of trapped in paradise down there in Palo Alto.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

bikewithnoname

by bikewithnoname

A related question. I’ll be in San Franciso area (Monterey and SF) at the end of Sept, can you recommend any high end bike shops that might be worth a visit?
"We live in an age when unnecessary things are our only necessities." Oscar Wilde

djconnel

by djconnel

Bike Nut is no longer with us, unfortunately.... that was the weight weenie shop.

Beyond that, it depends on what you want. There's some cool used bike shops (Refried Cycles @ 17th/Sanchez), there's a cool randonneuring shop (Box Dog Bikes in San Francisco), and cool fixie shops (Mash in San Francisco, Mission Cycles in San Francisco). Rapha Cycling Club (SF) is worth stopping in if you're there. The boutique shops get pretty tiring (like Studio Velo in Sausalito).

bikewithnoname

by bikewithnoname

"We live in an age when unnecessary things are our only necessities." Oscar Wilde

ajxd

by ajxd

I was just in SF. I liked that you could rent Specialized Roubaix's to ride across the Golden Gate bridge.