Rapha clearance sale starts today

Questions about bike hire abroad and everything light bike related. No off-topic chat please

Moderators: robbosmans, Moderator Team

HillRPete

by HillRPete

While I have been longing for one of their Rain Jackets, among the many enthusiastic reviews online, there were some that said the DWR wore off after some time. To me not knowing what kind of fabric the jacket is made of is a major issue. With all the products that declare being made of whatever Gore Tex such-and-such / Windstopper this-and-that / eVent etc, you know what you're getting.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

nspace

by nspace

limba wrote:The new prices include duty fees.

I am pretty sure limba speaks the truth. I stopped ordering from Rapha because they continued to use a low end FedEx service to Canada, where on top of the taxes (to be expected) you also pay the ridiculous brokerage fees (which most Canadian's are unfortunately no strangers to). Personally I wished they would use Parcel Force, or Royal mail (like PBK, Chain Reaction), and emailed them about a month ago on the matter. They promptly responded to explain they were changing things around in the next month to have the duty/taxes included, and their shipping page now lists package coming via DHL and no longer FedEx.

I have no clue whether or not DHL charges these fees, but it sounds like they are at least taking the right steps to try and have no surprises at the end of the road when their packages arrive for their customers. This would probably explain the price increase in CAD specifically. So even though they seem more expensive up front, you would have paid the same (or more) by the time its on your door step.

limba

by limba

Yup.