storck scenero

Questions about bike hire abroad and everything light bike related. No off-topic chat please

Moderators: robbosmans, Moderator Team

traveller78

by traveller78

Hi, I ride a 57cm scenaro. I have been riding it for the past 1 year plus. I'm 1.8m and should be the same height as you. And yes, i agree with most members here that storck has a weird geometry. I'm usually a 54cm, but i got a 57cm for the scenero, which has a actual TT of 55cm. Which is good enough for me as i have long arms. Just make sure your stem is not too long. I find the bike generally ok so far. I don't have much issues with longer ride up to 150km so far. The bb seemed stiff enough when I power at lower gears to increase my speed on flats. As the scenero frame is about 1.1kg, with the other parts I have on it, I think climbing hills are ok too. Not much complains thus far. I have assault wheels, sram force and Q-rings. I believe you need to get a good saddle which keeps your butt comfortable, so the you can go longer and further. I hope this helps.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

CheapSkate

by CheapSkate

I was thinking about this some more

I think Storcks are like Saabs were in the 1990s (pre GM). Well made, a bit odd, quirky, different. Not necessarily better, just different. Walk into the LBS with your Storck, stop by the side of the road, riders will ask you about it. You are part of a little club. Also you get the halo effect from the Fascenario (best bike in the world?), and the cult of personality of Markus Storck. You don't get that with a Trek, SuperSix, whatever.

But quirkiness costs. As with the Saab, which had a bloody awful gearbox. Eg with the Storck you'll get rear entry dropouts, because Markus says so. Not a big deal, but a tiny bit more awkward than normal dropouts. And the quirky sizing. Also if you have a warranty issue, you can't just walk into Halfords. Small stuff like that.

If you like the idea of being different, get a Storck. They are lovely, brilliant, beautifully made frames. But be aware that difference has costs as well as benefits. If you really don't care about image, quirkiness, etc, get a Planet X Pro and save yourself nearly a grand. Or a Ribble, or a [name of £1000 frame]. It will ride just as well.

My 2p worth anyway!

konky

by konky

Sorry there is absolutely no way a Ribble or Planet X frame is going to ride like any Storck. Also when you get used to it the Storck rear dropout works amazingly well.

CheapSKate I really don't mean this to be a wind up but in my view you don't buy a Storck road frame for the image, but because you want a genuine race bike with outstanding ride values.

stella-azzurra

by stella-azzurra

CarpetFibre wrote:However I do think that we've come a long way in civilised society to a point that a man can buy a Storck frame regardless of his physical fitness. :hmm:

Now that's not what I said did I? How pray tell do you come to that conclusion?
I never took drugs to improve my performance at any time. I will be willing to stick my finger into a polygraph test if anyone with big media pull wants to take issue. If you buy a signed poster now it will not be tarnished later. --Graeme Obree

CheapSkate

by CheapSkate

Nick
I guess you've got the usual spectrum of opinions here - best of luck with your purchase! Let us know how you get on.

itspat

by itspat

I realize this is an older thread but a colleague just picked up one of these frames from Competitive Cyclist. We're having some trouble finding compatible wheels with the 9x100 front thru axle and the 12x135 rear thru axle. Any suggestions?

kode54

by kode54

If you get DT Swiss 240 hubs, you can mix or match any thru axle combo. Same goes for Chris King. All options available.
- Factor Ostro VAM Disc
- Factor LS Disc
- Specialized Aethos Disc
- Sturdy Ti Allroad Disc
- Guru Praemio R Disc