Tønsberg Norway

Questions about bike hire abroad and everything light bike related. No off-topic chat please

Moderators: robbosmans, Moderator Team

christian lk

by christian lk

hey
It would be nice if there were some who are familiar with the Tønsberg area in Norway.
The reason I ask is that I'll be there for 3-4 days with a road bike. Where is good to train?

cheers Christian

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

djm

by djm

I've ridden and raced in the area a couple of times, but I'm not terribly familiar with the roads. However there are MANY great roads to ride on. Roads with little to no traffic and lots of nice terrain with rolling hills, etc.

I'll be doing the Tønsberg 4dagers which kicks off with a prologue in Sandefjord on the firstcoming Thursday!
Not looking forvard to the Hvarnes-lap on one of the mass starts though.. (effin' steep ramps)

conti

by conti

I live in the area and it´s a great place to train. A lot of small road with little to no traffic. Flat for the most, but like DJM mentioned you could also find some good climbs.

If you are staying in the city I would ride first out to "sem", wich is a small place right outside the city, and from there on take either to "sandefjord", "larvik" or "stavern" or mayb via "andebu" and further.

If you use garmin I have som good routes for you, or you could just play around with google maps...

djm

by djm

Also you'll find a lot of rides on Strava.

You can export them with a web tool (do a google search for strava gpx export) and load them onto a Garmin Edge 705 or 800 and you can have turn by turn navigation instructions.

It's a great area for riding so do get out there! :-)

christian lk

by christian lk

Hey again.

djm:
I will have a look on the event, i will even bee in tønsberg from the 25 and 4 days ahead.

Cool with the strava, Thanks alot :)

conti:

Yes I am staying in the City :), it could be nice with some local routes :).
I will love to get som hill´s in the legs, because I shall race in the dolomites in week 35.

So if you will send some routes it would be nice.

Thanks alot to both of you, I am super glad for the replys