David Harmon

Questions about bike hire abroad and everything light bike related. No off-topic chat please

Moderator: Moderator Team

konky

by konky

Does anyone know why David Harmon is not commentating for eurosport at the TDF this year. He has had a break for much of the year but was due to be back for the TDF. Have I missed something. There doesn't seem to be mention of it anywhere.

by Weenie

Tinea Pedis

by Tinea Pedis

He's been suffering with depression for the better part of the year.

Terrible to hear, as he's great to listen to.

DrGalactus

by DrGalactus

That's a shame, I do enjoy the rapport between he and Kelly.

Pharmstrong

by Pharmstrong

Aw shit, that's sad to hear. He and Kelly were my preferred double act. I'm now having to deal with Liggett and Sherwin on ITV. I simply can not stand Kirby's nonsense and shouting.

konky

by konky

Harmon and Kelly are the biz. The best commentary double act around in my view. David if you're out there I wish you well. We all feel a bit down at times but real depression must be awful. Get well soon. Hope you're up to the Vuelta.

VeloScaper

by VeloScaper

in case you're interested in reading about what other things he has been up to in his life.

http://velovoices.com/2013/04/26/friday ... on-part-2/

MattSoutherden

by MattSoutherden

Damn. Here's wishing him a speedy return.

Kirby totally ruins Eurosport coverage.
Snacking on carrot sticks - Where did it all go so wrong?
-
Finsbury Park CC

russianbear

by russianbear

Harmon is my favorite as well. Hope he gets better soon.

AGW

by AGW

I LOVE Harmon, especially with Kelly. I never understood some of the hate he seems to get on certain boards. The pair are tops compared to Ligget and Sherwin.

stella-azzurra

by stella-azzurra

Who is currently commentating on EuroSport now. Kelly and ??? I though it was David Harmon.
Can't get the English accents straight. :mrgreen:
I never took drugs to improve my performance at any time. I will be willing to stick my finger into a polygraph test if anyone with big media pull wants to take issue. If you buy a signed poster now it will not be tarnished later. --Graeme Obree

Pharmstrong

by Pharmstrong

stella-azzurra wrote:Who is currently commentating on EuroSport now. Kelly and ??? I though it was David Harmon.
Can't get the English accents straight. :mrgreen:

Carlton 'Rant & Rave' Kirby.

Maximilian

by Maximilian

Kirby needs to calm the f**k down. He is too noisy and incoherent, just useless babble. He just goes nuts at the finish and you can't concentrate on the race with the aural assault. I might mute the TV...
--Max.

Maximilian

by Maximilian

I'd much rather Harmon back as he is calm and composed and give relevant, useful information.
--Max.

Pharmstrong

by Pharmstrong

Even though I have Eurosport I've streamed most of this seasons races from Sporza, simply to avoid Kirby. As you say, his commentary fleets from Alan Partridge-esque nonsense to incoherent noise. It's like Hugh Porters back.

by Weenie

ichobi

by ichobi

Kirby goes ballistic at the end of every sprint stage , shrieking and whatnots. Bit annoying. Hope Harmon gets well soon. Dont get where the hate is coming from, he's quite accurate naming riders in the pack. Way better than P&P