Pro Doping Thread

Questions about bike hire abroad and everything light bike related. No off-topic chat please

Moderators: robbosmans, Moderator Team

beardking

by beardking

tonytourist wrote:There should just be a link to CyclingNews' Clinic forum :lol:

some of the info on there is interesting, but they seem to think nearly everyone is a doper

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

kulivontot

by kulivontot

What's the most lightweight form of doping out there? I figure epo and blood transfusions would add all this extra mass from the additional red blood cells, but a little T or HGH cream shouldn't add too much to the overall mass.

BobSantini

by BobSantini

^^^ I think it's limb doping. It's rife in the disabled olympics - carbon fibre legs everywhere.
r o y g b i v

dereksmalls

by dereksmalls

I hear breathing harder is pretty a light weight form of doping and it's an unfair advantage if you can breath more than others :lol:

stella-azzurra

by stella-azzurra

prendrefeu wrote:.
stella-azzurra wrote: And by the way even with drugs the person that does not have the genetic disposition will still be slower than the person that has the genetic natural ability for high aerobic work. Conversely people who have the high aerobic ability and take drugs may or may not benefit from the drug because each drug has a different affect on each one of us.

Do you have any examples for that statement? (italicized and in bold)

That would be simple to deduce. For example a person that was not genetically gifted outputs 300W peak power for 10 minutes. They then take EPO and increase their performance by 15%. The usual gain is 10-15% in most cases. So a 15% increase will result in a 345W output. An athlete that is genetically predisposed will naturally output 400W - 500W for the same 10 minutes without EPO. We are not taking into account rider weight. This is just a number example.
The link below explains it better.

http://www.sportsscientists.com/2007/11 ... e-who.html

also this :-)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cHU7qBZSsfk
I never took drugs to improve my performance at any time. I will be willing to stick my finger into a polygraph test if anyone with big media pull wants to take issue. If you buy a signed poster now it will not be tarnished later. --Graeme Obree

Frankie - B
Admin - In the industry

by Frankie - B

Sometimes I wish there weren't any bike races. This is one of the reasons. Each and every year we need to tell you that we don't want a doping duscussion. We already had a few and they didn't end up well either.

Locked.
'Tape was made to wrap your GF's gifts, NOT hold a freakin tire on.'
If you want to see 'meh' content of me and my bike you can follow my life in pictures here!