HOT: Active* forum members generally gain 5% discount at starbike.com store!
Weight Weenies
* FAQ    * Search    * Trending Topics
* Login   * Register
HOME Listings Articles FAQ Contact About

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 18 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1, 2
PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2012 7:35 pm 

I do find a lot of threads end in petty arguments, or the old.....use the search function quote!
So yes, I have to agree with the op.
Sorry if it's been discussed before, I didn't use the search.

Posted: Tue Jul 03, 2012 7:35 pm 

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2012 1:10 am 

kgt wrote:
I can accept that it is normal for a member to love and admire his bike but we don't have to get crazy about that. Do we? It's just a bike at the end. I am afraid that was not the case a few years ago. WW was a more sophisticated forum IME. What do you think?

I'm a long time reader and a sparse poster. My observation is that as much as there are people who are overzealous about the claims of their bikes, I tend to see overzealous responses. I see a lot of this when people call their post the penultimate or definitive post regarding a topic.

And I thought this post was gonna be about what's in our pants. How disappointing, was looking forward to pics and everything.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2012 1:22 am 

CerveloBert wrote:
And I thought this post was gonna be about what's in our pants. How disappointing, was looking forward to pics and everything.

Excellent :lol:

And I'll spare pointing out the irony of this topic to the OP, but will have to close it down. Because as the 2nd post said, this will not end well.

We in the 'behind the scenes' crew love having more and more people on Weight Weenies and appreciate the diverse range of opinions. If someone thinks their bike is "the best", who are you to say otherwise. It is, after all, their opinion.

However at the end of the day no one is forcing anybody to be here. We'd like you to stick around, but if the 'arrogance' of someone being overly proud of their bike is too much then maybe this place is best avoided.

And to the snide remark about using Search, please feel free to jump on as an admin and help keep the place tidy. Then you might understand the reason behind that phrase.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 18 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1, 2