TdF prologue pics

Questions about bike hire abroad and everything light bike related. No off-topic chat please

Moderators: robbosmans, Moderator Team

swinter

by swinter

I was at the Prologue in Liege Saturday, on the barrier about 650 meters from the line (just where the riders swept to the right before turning left into the straight to the finish).

Here are a few choice pics taken by my friend:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/81682102@N ... cdbbf7612c
"I can't understand why people are frightened by new ideas. I'm frightened of old ones." -- John Cage

http://weightweenies.starbike.com/phpBB ... 928#126928

stella-azzurra

by stella-azzurra

Can someone tell me why Voeckler is wearing a 1/2 a golf ball on his head? :lol:

Nice pics by the way.
I never took drugs to improve my performance at any time. I will be willing to stick my finger into a polygraph test if anyone with big media pull wants to take issue. If you buy a signed poster now it will not be tarnished later. --Graeme Obree

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

stella-azzurra

by stella-azzurra

Who's that guy with no helmet

How daaaaare he! :lol:

I never took drugs to improve my performance at any time. I will be willing to stick my finger into a polygraph test if anyone with big media pull wants to take issue. If you buy a signed poster now it will not be tarnished later. --Graeme Obree

bricky21

by bricky21

Awesome pics. Thanks for sharing :thumbup:

Are you going to be so close for any other stages?

stella-azzurra

by stella-azzurra

Can Petacchi be any less aerodynamic? He's riding the 'SS wind catcher'. :mrgreen:

swinter

by swinter

bricky21 wrote:Awesome pics. Thanks for sharing :thumbup:

Are you going to be so close for any other stages?

No, I'm home now. We were in Valkeburg NL riding for a week and took the last day off riding to hop down to Liege for the prologue.

Golf balls are supposed to be aero. Millar's tear drop helmet didn't look any sillier.

During the warm up, btw, there were a bunch of riders doing the circuit without helmets -- though most were doing it with a regular helmet and a bottle in their jersey pocket.

I think we have a picture of Levi somewhere. I'll post it if I find it. Alas, none of Cancellara in the actual race: He came by much too fast; he was a bit of a blur even to the naked eye.
"I can't understand why people are frightened by new ideas. I'm frightened of old ones." -- John Cage

Patrickh

by Patrickh

stella-azzurra wrote:Who's that guy with no helmet

How daaaaare he! :lol:

That guy on the right is Johan van Summeren

dynaserve

by dynaserve

So wheres his helmet?

daj

by daj

Shame on Johan van Summeren. He is a professional and should be wearing a helmet to set a good example. Some teams (e.g. Rabobank) actually put a helmet clause in their contracts so their riders are not allowed to ride their bike without helmets, which I think is a good thing.

stella-azzurra

by stella-azzurra

Helmet rules apply only during the race. They can do what they want if it's not during a race.
We are not going into the helmet debate. I was just being sarcastic here.

53x12

by 53x12

stella-azzurra wrote:Can someone tell me why Voeckler is wearing a 1/2 a golf ball on his head? :lol:

Nice pics by the way.

I love Voeckler as a rider, but can't help to think of this when I see this picture:

"Marginal gains are the only gains when all that's left to gain is in the margins."

rainerhq

by rainerhq

"Nothing compares to the simple pleasure of a bike ride"

swinter

by swinter

Juanmoretime wrote:Swinter. Thank you for sharing. I can never get enough of the tt bikes!

John, what happened to the sombrero photo?

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com