international shipping

Questions about bike hire abroad and everything light bike related. No off-topic chat please

Moderators: robbosmans, Moderator Team

spud

by spud

Gents/Ladies,

I'm currently looking at a frameset in Australia, and would need to have it shipped to the east coast of the USA. So far, i've seen estimates of $500-600 for air freight, which makes this potential purchase a non starter.

Anybody have any ideas/suggestions on how it could be shipped more cheaply than what I've seen so far?

TIA.

Asymptotic

by Asymptotic

Hmm, in the opposite position - getting a frame from US to Oz, best I can get is $280 for US intel post. Where about's is the frame located?
Norwood & Adelaide Uni CC

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Rob1519

by Rob1519

spud wrote:Gents/Ladies,

I'm currently looking at a frameset in Australia, and would need to have it shipped to the east coast of the USA. So far, i've seen estimates of $500-600 for air freight, which makes this potential purchase a non starter.

Anybody have any ideas/suggestions on how it could be shipped more cheaply than what I've seen so far?

TIA.

Try calling Fed Ex Great Rate at 877-463-7408. They try to fill any light loads during the week and usually offer good rates. Make certain you keep a record of the confirmation number should there be a billing issue.

Rob

spud

by spud

The frameset is in the Sydney area. The quote for $280 seems more reasonable, about in line with what I expected. $500-600 just seems like complete lunacy to me. I was told that the box was too big to send by post, so it had to be courier, which may be part of the problem.

re Fedex, I'll give that idea a try, thanks for the tip.

bikerjulio

by bikerjulio

ask about any additional customs clearance charges that FedEx may apply.
There's sometimes a buggy.
How many drivers does a buggy have?

One.

So let's just say I'm drivin' this buggy...
and if you fix your attitude you can ride along with me.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GekiIMh4ZkM